Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

This is a discussion on Was gingerbread worth all that wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; All I can say is coming from 2.1eclair on the spice and then opening the box of my new nexus one and updating to 2.3.3 ...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

All I can say is coming from 2.1eclair on the spice and then opening the box of my new nexus one and updating to 2.3.3 as soon as I turned the phone on,I am very happy with GB,the only issue I have is the ADW EX does not work for me and that kinda sucks cause I really like the buff theme lol but all in all I love my nexus and all its wonderful things

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I am liking the new keyboard - I have stopped using the smart keyboard pro that I bought last year. I stopped using Swype full time two updates ago I believe. On my Nexus One, something went wrong when they released just the English/Spanish version and i couldn't Swype and have the words come out correctly. That is when I stopped using it and went back to the Smart Keyboard Pro. With the GB update, I switched to the new Android keyboard and am happy with the changes in it. Though I do miss the features of Smart Keyboard Pro (i.e. auto replace words (to help with my fat fingers LOL).

The interface looks nicer but I am having issues. Among them I cannot allow my phone to automatically detect wifi or it drains far too quickly, at times I cannot scroll programs unless in landscape mode, desktop dock appears to turn the phone off or rather stops displaying time and charging.

Honestly based on what I read I was never too excited about it but didn't expect it to be a downgrade either. Seems very buggy.

You know I'm starting to agree, I jumped from 2.1 to 2.3.3 and my excitement was extreme for the upgrade both new phone and update,but I've had problems with 2.3.3 then I had with the Motorola spice on 2.1.I think some rushed this out without proper testing

Starting to have severe touchscreen and keyboard issues with GB. Everything was fine at start but now it's seems to go down the slope.... Now thinking about downgrading to froyo until another GB update comes out. As for battery, it drains a bit faster on GB too.

I now tend to agree with 40ftcobb, GB must have been released without proper testing...

It's a shame cause I really like the new additions and changes.

I've noticed screen issues but cleared them up by cleaning the screen. Maybe they changed the responsiveness of the screen input?

They did something half the time it does what it want I try texting and the next thing you know I'm check the weather network or powering off the phone,how would I roll my phone back to a previous version of android cause 2.3.3 blows

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I've noticed screen issues but cleared them up by cleaning the screen. Maybe they changed the responsiveness of the screen input?
    Good point.. ill do that and try to see if any difference

You may be right. We'll see

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post
    They did something half the time it does what it want I try texting and the next thing you know I'm check the weather network or powering off the phone,how would I roll my phone back to a previous version of android cause 2.3.3 blows

I told you in another post but I'm pretty sure that allot of people will appreciate having this answer so I will post it here too.

You will have to use the passimg method and roll back to frg33 then you can update back to what ever version you want from there.

Passimg method
    1. download the file from this link [ROM] Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM - xda-developers

2. rename that file passimg.zip

3. place that file on the root of your SD card (not in any folders)

4. turn off you phone and reboot into bootloader by holding down the volume down key at the same time as power button.

5. you should wait a second for the SD card to mount then you will be prompted to flash the passimg file accept and wait for the file to flash.

6. after that you should be all good just reboot and reinstall everything.

K I'm going to try that right now,do I have to be rooted?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links