Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

This is a discussion on Was gingerbread worth all that wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been using swiftkey for a while now instead of the built in one. How does the "new" built in one compare to swiftkey?...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

I have been using swiftkey for a while now instead of the built in one. How does the "new" built in one compare to swiftkey?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    I have been using swiftkey for a while now instead of the built in one. How does the "new" built in one compare to swiftkey?

i'm like you, i always used swiftkey. prediction is just as good or better, but it's not based on your own database of most commonly used stuff. it does do a good job of predicting. a minor thing is that since swiftkey is used to your vocab, i was use to pressing spacebar or the middle selection a lot. but with gb, your choice is probably there, but it wont be the highlighted choice or the one where you choose spacebar. also, the way to do punctuation is kinda a pain, but not too bad. you have to long press the period key. but i think accuracy of the stock keyboard is improved

Quote Originally Posted by xRayx View Post
    Hey guys,

Am not sure about you guys but i was completely disappointed with gingerbread. I mean i though that maybe my phone would run a lot smoother or faster after the update but it's the same and on top of that, my battery is dieing alot faster.

The UI looks great but i could have easily accomplish that by rooting my phone.

What do you guys think about Gingerbread?:nexusx:
    after reading you guys comments on the battery life, I went into my phone to try to figure out what the issue was and i found out that an app was sucking up my battery.

I guess i was waiting for gingerbread for so long that i expected more than that but overall the update is great. it's always nice to have a change in the UI, it makes it feel like you just got a brand new phone.

Thank you all for your comments.

Hey guys,

Am not sure about you guys but i was completely disappointed with gingerbread. I mean i though that maybe my phone would run a lot smoother or faster after the update but it's the same and on top of that, my battery is dieing alot faster.

The UI looks great but i could have easily accomplish that by rooting my phone.

What do you guys think about Gingerbread?:nexusx:
    after reading you guys comments on the battery life, I went into my phone to try to figure out what the issue was and i found out that an app was sucking up my battery.

I guess i was waiting for gingerbread for so long that i expected more than that but overall the update is great. it's always nice to have a change in the UI, it makes it feel like you just got a brand new phone.

Thank you all for your comments.
    So... What was the app?

Glad you figured it out

Oh thank god!!! The Gingerbread update FINALLY fixed the issue I had with my N1 booting up at a horrible pace, freezing, and then rebooting. That alone makes the update worth it.
    Oh, and can I delete the update file after it's done? Or does it have to stay on your SD card? I have a 32GB sd card anyway, but I'm just curious...

Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

My Pandora app died by itself several times today. Still, on CM6 it would do this about every hour!

I haven't tried stock gingerbread yet (I'm backing up as we speak so I can make the jump)

But from the CM7 experience, there are lots of nice visual touches here and there. The overall experience is much better, but in CM7 my battery life was pretty bad.

I soon jumped back to MIUI. It's hard to stay on anything but MIUI for me. The lockscreen, the battery life, the camera, the notification bar all so good. I'm looking forward to see what MIUI does to gingerbread!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I got Gingerbread OTA this morning. Upgrade was smooth. I gained about 10MB of internal space (Yeah!). The phone does feel noticeably faster, though I've never run any benchmarks on it. I'm not sure I'm all in with the green on the earth in the bottom bar, and I liked the tranlucency it used to have, and really, I think I like the white bar on top. But overall, I'm happy with Gingerbread, the performance improvements are worth it. And really, I was happy with Froyo, so I didn't even notice the wait.

Think I'll stick with cm7 for the time being

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    my other phone's a nexus too

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links