Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

This is a discussion on Was gingerbread worth all that wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by FlyingsCool Originally Posted by xRayx Originally Posted by xRayx Hey guys, Am not sure about you guys but i was completely disappointed ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xRayx View Post
    Hey guys,

Am not sure about you guys but i was completely disappointed with gingerbread. I mean i though that maybe my phone would run a lot smoother or faster after the update but it's the same and on top of that, my battery is dieing alot faster.

The UI looks great but i could have easily accomplish that by rooting my phone.

What do you guys think about Gingerbread?:nexusx:
    after reading you guys comments on the battery life, I went into my phone to try to figure out what the issue was and i found out that an app was sucking up my battery.

I guess i was waiting for gingerbread for so long that i expected more than that but overall the update is great. it's always nice to have a change in the UI, it makes it feel like you just got a brand new phone.

Thank you all for your comments.
    So... What was the app?

Glad you figured it out
    The App was Handcent, It would drain my battery in less than 3 hours.

totally worth it. I think they fixed the back button... mine work flawlessly now.
    "I smell blood, something is calling me"

My battery life is way better now. i upgraded 3 days ago and everything is smoother too.

on idle mode and with decent signal in my basement, i slept for 8 hours and phone battery went from 100% to 98%, i mean, this is way better than what i used to get on froyo. i use to loose something between 8-11% each night in the same room. (stock ROM, no root)

what i miss is the Clear Cache option in the app 2 SD that is integrated in GB, i mean i can do it, but only one by one. with the app "App2SD" for example i could do it for all the apps all at once. if someone has an idea....

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    got gingerbread OTA update this morning... no adverse affects so far, phone calls are fine... in fact everything seems way faster now!!!

I'm not real fond of the new keyboard, it will just take getting used to, no big deal - I know, I know, there are all kinds of optional keyboards - I've used a bunch of them and they are all gimmicky to me.

The lime green in various areas is different (not a pro or con for me)... For them most part the layout is the same... I haven't played with the phone much today to really know what changes/effect gingerbread has made other than all application and general use is much faster now - and I love that!

after checking out a review video regarding gingerbread - I learned something about the new keyboard that I LOVE!!!!!!!

Selecting a word (for copy/paste, cut, whatever) is great! So much better than any other method I used previously... this alone is worth the upgrade (and the new speed of course).

For those that dont know the keyboard feature - go to 1:40 here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsG3ijCPTP8]YouTube - Official Nexus One Gingerbread Update[/ame]

[quote=xRayx;93803][quote=FlyingsCool;93707]

after reading you guys comments on the battery life, I went into my phone to try to figure out what the issue was and i found out that an app was sucking up my battery.

<snip>

The App was Handcent, It would drain my battery in less than 3 hours.
    Why was handcent draining your battery? I don't have that problem with it.

I'm now noticing low battery - when I posted this morning the phone was fresh from full charge... about 4 hours later, batter was half (under normal use)... this is much faster battery drain than prior to gingerbread.

So far that seems to be the only negative.

My Nexus One is running smoother and it hasn't crashed yet with Gingerbread. With 2.2.2 I started experiencing random hanging and had to pull the battery a few times. I never had that before 2.2.2.

I like the built in sip and copy and paste, plus I'm used to the new keyboard now and I think it is better.

I did notice my battery draining fast after the update to Gingerbread. When I checked the battery use I found Android OS had used 40% of the battery and about 4h of CPU time. It seems to have chilled out now and my battery is about the same as froyo.

Overall I'm very pleased with gingerbread, although I was hoping for more of a UI overhall. But we will hopefully see that in ice cream now.

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    ...i charged my battery at 100% now after 2 days 10 hours i have to recharged.
    Wow, your battery life is 2 days & 10 hours? That may be the longest I ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    ...i charged my battery at 100% now after 2 days 10 hours i have to recharged.
    Wow, your battery life is 2 days & 10 hours? That may be the longest I ever heard.

Its always been like that since i got the phone.And that is with everyday use(phone calls,texting) and sometimes my kids plays with some games but that is not everyday,not so much the internet but i always use the WIFI ones or twice a day.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links