Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

This is a discussion on Was gingerbread worth all that wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; [quote=Belding;93864][quote=xRayx;93803] Originally Posted by FlyingsCool Why was handcent draining your battery? I don't have that problem with it. Am not really sure, am trying to ...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

[quote=Belding;93864][quote=xRayx;93803]
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post

Why was handcent draining your battery? I don't have that problem with it.
    Am not really sure, am trying to figure that out right now.

My battery is definitely not lasting as long as it did with Froyo, or whatever it was called before froyo. So far every OS update has cut battery life for me.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

For me, GB has turned out to be a disaster. Rendering my phone completely useless. I have no contact list function at all, not the one with the phone, not the 3rd party one I actually use, and not via the call log or anything. Marketplace seems to be broken too. I posted a new thread crying out for help rolling it back.

If you ask me, don't update.

Chuckles...... as I read through the replies here I cant help but think about the "Old washing your car made it run better analogy........GB is what it is, nothing special just a typical OS tweek..... little wax and some armorall..... keep up the good work Big G...... I like my girl lookin her best. ( oxox to my sexy nexy )

^^^ but washing the car doesn't make it faster... gb definitely made my phone faster (absolutely not placebo)... that's better than a "typical tweak"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRon View Post
    Chuckles...... as I read through the replies here I cant help but think about the "Old washing your car made it run better analogy........GB is what it is, nothing special just a typical OS tweek..... little wax and some armorall..... keep up the good work Big G...... I like my girl lookin her best. ( oxox to my sexy nexy )
    Nonesense! Washing my 69 VW Bus most certainly made her run better..less grime causing wind resistance...I actually got past 70 on a downhill slope, which would not have been possible without a bath! :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    My battery is definitely not lasting as long as it did with Froyo, or whatever it was called before froyo. So far every OS update has cut battery life for me.
    So after 1 week with GB I have to agree the battery life has gotten worse so I called HTC told them I have issues and they are sending me out a new battery free great service

Quote Originally Posted by Gate13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    So after 1 week with GB I have to agree the battery life has gotten worse so I called HTC told them I have issues and they are sending me out a new battery free great service
    how long you had the N1? Nomally they don't give out battery for free.

I don't understand why some of you are saying that the battery life is worst with GB.I just recharged my nexus one yesterday for the second time since putting GB and last charged last me almost 4 days with everyday call use and texting,i have to admit that i didn't use the internet to much last this time but still almost 4 days on the same charge an i use my phone to talk everyday.

how do you get so much battery life? i have to charge every day, and all i use my phone for is for emails and facebook. and i'm down to about 50-60% each day so i have to charge otherwise the next day my phone would probably die. does using data take up more battery?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links