Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

This is a discussion on Was gingerbread worth all that wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by deel how do you get so much battery life? i have to charge every day, and all i use my phone for ...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    how do you get so much battery life? i have to charge every day, and all i use my phone for is for emails and facebook. and i'm down to about 50-60% each day so i have to charge otherwise the next day my phone would probably die. does using data take up more battery?
    I'm guessing that the poster of that 4 day battery life only has his/her phone turned on for maybe 2 hours a day. :rofl3:

lol :P

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Pre-Froyo I routinely got 25-30 hours out of it, over time that has gone downhill. Now I unplug around 5:30am, and around 11pm the phone is complaining that I should plug it in. Still plenty of battery time for my use, but a steady decline from where I was.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    how do you get so much battery life? i have to charge every day, and all i use my phone for is for emails and facebook. and i'm down to about 50-60% each day so i have to charge otherwise the next day my phone would probably die. does using data take up more battery?
    Yes, the more you use your phone, the more power it uses. If I were to turn mine one, and leave it at home on my desk I could get prbly a week out of it. :rofl3:

If I were to max the screen brightness, kick on the high resolution GPS while watching streaming HD video on it and etc... couple hours tops.

Most ppl fall in between there some place I would guess.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Maybe Data drains the battery faster??? i rarely use the 3G data just for e-mails sometimes i usually use WIFI.

How long do you go on facebook during one day? if you spend 5-6 hours on facebook each day maybe that is why its draining so fast.

GB worth the wait

I'm not "overwhelmed", but my N1 does run faster, loads faster, and the minute details, I like. My N! is still the best phone I've ever owned and so I'm going thumbs up on the update. I think my battery is draining slower. Go figure. The placebo affect maybe? I dunno, but next I'm going out for a run, and if I run faster, I'm really gonna luv Gingerbread. Cheers N1, Cheers Google!

The Doo
    N1 unrooted
    Android 2.3.3

[quote=goonieboy;94281]
    How long do you go on facebook during one day? if you spend 5-6 hours on facebook each day maybe that is why its draining so fast.
    Anyone who spends 5-6 hours per day on facebook has much bigger problems than battery life.

I'm guessing that the poster of that 4 day battery life only has his/her phone turned on for maybe 2 hours a day. :rofl3:

yea for reals, lol

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Yes, the more you use your phone, the more power it uses. If I were to turn mine one, and leave it at home on my desk I could get prbly a week out of it.

no, i meant i use data rather than talking on the phone. i know that more use means less battery.

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Maybe Data drains the battery faster??? i rarely use the 3G data just for e-mails sometimes i usually use WIFI.

no, not even. i'll check it 4-5 times a day at work, at like 3-5 minutes each time. i'm just amazed that you can go 2 days without a recharge. for me 3g is constantly on. i dont switch to edge or wifi

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links