Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

This is a discussion on Was gingerbread worth all that wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; If I manually turn On-Off wifi then Gingerbread battery life is comparable to Froyo(approximately 18-24 hours depending on use). Allowing the phone to automatically detect ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

If I manually turn On-Off wifi then Gingerbread battery life is comparable to Froyo(approximately 18-24 hours depending on use).

Allowing the phone to automatically detect wireless networks my phone was draining to 15% in about 12 hours without ANY use what so ever.

[QUOTE=Axekick;94374
    Allowing the phone to automatically detect wireless networks my phone was draining to 15% in about 12 hours without ANY use what so ever.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that tip, I have turned off this function hoping to get more battery life.

[quote=N1David;94375]
    Quote Originally Posted by Axekick;94374
    Allowing the phone to automatically detect wireless networks my phone was draining to 15% in about 12 hours without ANY use what so ever.[/quote

Thanks for that tip, I have turned off this function hoping to get more battery life.
    Sure thing. Let me know if that brings it within the normal range. I still have other issues with Gingerbread though.

I can only scroll my programs in landscape mode otherwise nothing will open and each time I touch any it takes me to the top of my programs.

Ever since 3G came to my town I have left wifi off.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Wi-Fi is faster than the 3G I get.

I like the new keyboard. And one significant changes for me is the wifi reception. I got wifi at the work place, but the router is pretty far away. The wifi signal keep drop off and have to manually connect again, it never happens when I am at home. After I upgrade to GB, the wifi signal just keep connected all day.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    how do you get so much battery life? i have to charge every day, and all i use my phone for is for emails and facebook. and i'm down to about 50-60% each day so i have to charge otherwise the next day my phone would probably die. does using data take up more battery?
    I'm guessing that the poster of that 4 day battery life only has his/her phone turned on for maybe 2 hours a day. :rofl3:
    Believe me it was on 24h/day.When i open my phone i leave it on until my battery dies.I still don't understand why some of you can't even do a day with a single charge.You must be on your phone continuously

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Wi-Fi is faster than the 3G I get.
    I get 2-3mbit on 3g most places...thats about the same speed as my DSL line at home. Many public hot spots around here seem a lot slower then 3g... but honestly even if they were 100times faster I doubt I would notice on a phone. Its not like that would help Pandora, and its not like Im a massive power gamer on my cell. For my use at least I see no advantage for >3mbit on the cell at this time...
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

[quote=tyler.durden;94369]
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    How long do you go on facebook during one day? if you spend 5-6 hours on facebook each day maybe that is why its draining so fast.
    Anyone who spends 5-6 hours per day on facebook has much bigger problems than battery life.
    If someone actually were on facebook for 6 hours, they would have drained their battery and had to charge it at about the 4 hour mark. I think what goonieboy has said is that he has his data OFF all of the time. With that in mind his battery is still a little longer than what I'd get, but not more than about 15-20% more.

[quote=dudewithaplan;94397]
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post

Anyone who spends 5-6 hours per day on facebook has much bigger problems than battery life.
    If someone actually were on facebook for 6 hours, they would have drained their battery and had to charge it at about the 4 hour mark. I think what goonieboy has said is that he has his data OFF all of the time. With that in mind his battery is still a little longer than what I'd get, but not more than about 15-20% more.
    That is correct my DATA or WIFI is on OFF most of the time accept for 1 or twice a day to check e-mails or web

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links