Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

This is a discussion on Was gingerbread worth all that wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Fury Originally Posted by N1David I like the UI changes, the icons on the status bar are smaller and takes some getting ...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I like the UI changes, the icons on the status bar are smaller and takes some getting used to. I was wondering if anyone knew what it means when the WiFi and antenna icons mean when they are the color gray?
    Grey means its on
    Green means its active

Loving the update, runs quite a bit smoother, no battery difference as far as I can tell.
    Thanks, was wondering this myself

...Still, he re-iterated that 8-9 hours on a charge is normal; a lot depends on if I am in a bad area it will use more battery to get in touch with the servers (I know my Nexus One hates my bedroom I have had calls drop a few times when on the phone in my room), so I couldn't deny that.
    I go canoeing in Southern Missouri during the summers where the only cellular reception is Verizon, and only in very limited locations. I am with T-Mobile and my past phones completely deplete a full battery in just a couple hours if they are scanning for a tower(signal) constantly. So that could be plausible. However my Nexus One with very limited use will hold a charge for about 20 hours provided I turn wifi on & off manually. Using internet, wifi, texting and talking and it shortens to 10 hours as a minimum for my mobile habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Axekick View Post
    ...Still, he re-iterated that 8-9 hours on a charge is normal; a lot depends on if I am in a bad area it will use more battery to get in touch with the servers (I know my Nexus One hates my bedroom I have had calls drop a few times when on the phone in my room), so I couldn't deny that.
    I go canoeing in Southern Missouri during the summers where the only cellular reception is Verizon, and only in very limited locations. I am with T-Mobile and my past phones completely deplete a full battery in just a couple hours if they are scanning for a tower(signal) constantly. So that could be plausible. However my Nexus One with very limited use will hold a charge for about 20 hours provided I turn wifi on & off manually. Using internet, wifi, texting and talking and it shortens to 10 hours as a minimum for my mobile habits.
    I don't understand me with limited use and WIFI & 3G turned off most of the time.My phone last more then 3 days and on that i use it to talk and text not like crazy but i still use it everyday.I don't put my display to full brightness.

My Nexus One lasts about a day with wifi and 3g on. I was in the hills in Wales recently and turned off data, set 2g only and switched off wifi. It lasted 3 days with just calls and texts. It seems like the persistent data connection is the killer for battery, which is the whole point of these phones obviously, but when you can't charge your phone easily it's a good way to make it last while still being able to receive calls and texts.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidMad View Post
    My Nexus One lasts about a day with wifi and 3g on. I was in the hills in Wales recently and turned off data, set 2g only and switched off wifi. It lasted 3 days with just calls and texts. It seems like the persistent data connection is the killer for battery, which is the whole point of these phones obviously, but when you can't charge your phone easily it's a good way to make it last while still being able to receive calls and texts.
    agree with the 2g bit mate,but what i dont like is having to put it on 2g to save battery i'd be as well with a 20 phone from tesco,these companys who make smart phones have the capacity to put a decent battery in them,just my thought on it
    my other phone's a nexus too

Why would people need to have the WIFI OR 3G ON 24/7?

I read in the google forum about the battery use after GB update. There is a strong opinion (my point of view from reading) that there is a bug in the GB update that Wi-Fi is not turning off like it should. I think I confirmed that yesterday by looking at my graph in the Battery Use section. I had my Wi-Fi set to turn off when the screen does and the blue bar for Screen Use and Wi-Fi are not the same. Wi-Fi had several long blue sections where my Screen didn't. Today I have manually turned off the Wi-Fi to see how my battery lasts.

Update: Turning off the Wi-Fi didn't really seem to help battery life.

GB

It seems on my N1 the battery drains much faster. Before, I could go about 2 days before I had to recharge but, with the GB update, I have to recharge every night. I don't really like the "new" look. Smaller icons in green on a dark background. Hard to see. Also, during a call the N1 is not as stable, could be network but, never had a prob before. The phone is behaving a little funkier as well. I may have to go to the N2

It seems like SwiftKey is not as stable under GB. Had to force close it more then once since the update, and never had any problems with it before. It is superior, IMO, to even the new GB keyboard so I hope they release a patch soon.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Having similar problems with swype. Seems to lose it's settings every once in a while, and I have to long press a text field and reset it as the input method...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links