Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

This is a discussion on Was gingerbread worth all that wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys, Am not sure about you guys but i was completely disappointed with gingerbread. I mean i though that maybe my phone would run ...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 123

Thread: Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

  1. #1
    Android Lurker xRayx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    0

    Was gingerbread worth all that wait?

    Hey guys,

    Am not sure about you guys but i was completely disappointed with gingerbread. I mean i though that maybe my phone would run a lot smoother or faster after the update but it's the same and on top of that, my battery is dieing alot faster.

    The UI looks great but i could have easily accomplish that by rooting my phone.

    What do you guys think about Gingerbread?:nexusx:

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Android Lurker iPeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Laval, Qc
    Posts
    3
    My phone runs a lot faster on GB. The battery drain is about the same for me. The UI is nice, I like the keyboard better and system app 2 sd does a great job. No problems with running all my apps so far. I'm staying on GB

  4. #3
    Member Rocco D'Voe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    39
    i agree, the update is underwhelming. a few of the changes are nice but the one big thing for me is no more system freezes while on wifi (at least for the past 3 days since the update)

  5. #4
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    I like the UI changes, the icons on the status bar are smaller and takes some getting used to. I was wondering if anyone knew what it means when the WiFi and antenna icons mean when they are the color gray?

    Other than that, the new keyboard is awesome, I have been using that all weekend long and it works great. I stopped using Swype months ago (fat fingers here) and I had been using Smart Keyboard Pro that I bought when I first got this phone. I switched to the Android keyboard Friday evening and have been using it since.
    My battery life, I don't know what is going on, but before the GB upgrade it had died twice on me overnight and did it again to me last night. It could be a bad battery (it will be a year old in April); but I found on this forum http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...r-battery.html
    and I am following this now (leaving it plugged in to charge while turned off for 8 hours). Side note, it is Sunday, a day of relaxing, I will not mind not having a phone for most of the day.

    All in all, I am happy with the GB update.

  6. #5
    Senior Member VydorScope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    This is why many of us wondered what all the excitement and angst was about the delay, GB was not expected to bring much to the table.... and it brought exactly what was expected.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

  7. #6
    Member goonieboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    86
    I just tested the battery life.After i installed GB i charged my battery at 100% now after 2 days 10 hours i have to recharged.It was normal use,i used the wifi a few times a day.So the battery life seems to be the same

  8. #7
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    I just tested the battery life.After i installed GB i charged my battery at 100% now after 2 days 10 hours i have to recharged.It was normal use,i used the wifi a few times a day.So the battery life seems to be the same
    You get to go two days + before you need to charge your battery?

  9. #8
    Member goonieboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    I just tested the battery life.After i installed GB i charged my battery at 100% now after 2 days 10 hours i have to recharged.It was normal use,i used the wifi a few times a day.So the battery life seems to be the same
    You get to go two days + before you need to charge your battery?
    Yeah why? I'm not on my phone 24/7

  10. #9
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    I just tested the battery life.After i installed GB i charged my battery at 100% now after 2 days 10 hours i have to recharged.It was normal use,i used the wifi a few times a day.So the battery life seems to be the same
    You get to go two days + before you need to charge your battery?
    Yeah why? I'm not on my phone 24/7
    I didn't know that was possible without rooting.

  11. #10
    Senior Member flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    109
    My N1 in fact getting better with GB. Battery life is better, wifi connection is faster to connect after arrive my home, office, and other places. wifi connection is very responsive in GB. I got connect to the wifi area within a second before GB sometime it take up to few second to get connected. My car dock is working better, too. I always has issue to remember the bluetooth setting for phone connection. Now with GB I haven't have that issue yet. No issue on Power widget. App2SD is working better. I move my app from SD back to the phone and move them back to SD. It free up more phone memory. Great! I have at least 25 MB more space after using GB for App2SD function!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum