New Social Group - toronto - android

This is a discussion on New Social Group - toronto - android within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How is Wind Mobile treating you guys in terms of performance? I just switched my plan up at rogers to: My5 - Canada Wide 1 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Social Group - toronto - android

How is Wind Mobile treating you guys in terms of performance?

I just switched my plan up at rogers to:

My5 - Canada Wide
    1 GB Data
    Call Display
    Voice Mail
    2500 Sent txt messages/ Unlimited incoming
    200 day time minutes with Unlimited eve/wknd after 9 pm

All for $55 bucks a month (around $65 with taxes and everything)

As for accessories. I haven't found anything local, its like the Nexus One doesn't even exist.

I ordered the Seidio Innocase II Surface Black from gocellular
    their canadian which is pretty cool, cheap shipping, a little slow, but it is canada post after all
    i have also ordered stuff from NCIX

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

key
    Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post

My5 - Canada Wide
    1 GB Data
    Call Display
    Voice Mail

As for accessories. I haven't found anything local, its like the Nexus One doesn't even exist.

their canadian which is pretty cool, cheap shipping, a little slow, but it is canada post after all

That's a decent plan. Wind Mobile has been just great, i singed up with them about 5 months after their launch and i only had to call in twice for signal problems, but it been pretty amazing. And thanks for the link to the website

Quote Originally Posted by key View Post

My5 - Canada Wide
    1 GB Data
    Call Display
    Voice Mail

That's a decent plan. Wind Mobile has been just great, i singed up with them about 5 months after their launch and i only had to call in twice for signal problems, but it been pretty amazing. And thanks for the link to the website
    thats pretty awesome.
    I have heard mixed reviews on Wind and Mobilicity so its always good to get someones opinion directly.

no problem - innocase that i got is awesome if you are looking for one!

I was with Virgin Mobile and had terrible reception issues. I constantly had dropped calls. When I found out they were bought out by Bell I decided to leave when I was ready. I've been very pleased with WIND Mobile so far. I have noticed better reception since I first been with WIND, but I usually don't get any reception in basements unless I'm by a window. There was 2 times I noticed I received delayed text messages, but that hasn't happened since September. Data speeds are usually pretty good. I think WIND has the best chance of sticking around of all the new mobile companies and that's why I chose to be with them.

I was shopping in Buffalo last August and bought a N1 rubber case from a T-mobile store for $12 (U.S.)

nexus one on Mobilicity. Sold my BB Torch, dumped Rogers after almost 20 years. $45 unlimited everything, including North America long distance.

good to hear you guys are having good experiences with the new kids on the block. hopefully they force the big evil 3 into offering better plans... :rofl3: like that will ever happen

i just saw that mobilicity has a special offer which was basically unlimited everything for $30 bucks a month.

mobilicity scares me though because once you step outside your home zone they're charges could add up really quickly.

are you guys all in the core of toronto then? since that seems to be the best area to be in for wind and mobilicity

key
    good to hear you guys are having good experiences with the new kids on the block. hopefully they force the big evil 3 into offering better plans... :rofl3: like that will ever happen

i just saw that mobilicity has a special offer which was basically unlimited everything for $30 bucks a month.

mobilicity scares me though because once you step outside your home zone they're charges could add up really quickly.

are you guys all in the core of toronto then? since that seems to be the best area to be in for wind and mobilicity

Yea the roaming fees are scary, not that bad though. I live in etobicoke and have full bars all the time.

I have had N1 since last May I was tired of seeing so many Iphones. Love the phone have it on Telus no problems contract expires in Nov will switch for the unlimited plans either wind/mobo I always get asked "wow what phone is that"

I'm not in Toronto I'm in Edmonton,I drive truck so I'm touring all over the place,when I'm working I always let my phone roam but I always change the setting when I'm done work.

*#*#4636#*#*
    Phone info
    Preferred network
    WCDMA only

And to switch it back just select WCDMA preferred

I'm with mobilicity,and while my voice and data rock I do start roaming once I get into the down town core or go it certain building

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

thats pretty good!

I might switch, even though I just resigned my contract with Rogers. I'd sooner pay $400 up front to get away from them and start saving money in the long run.
    I am still undecided though, specially since the plan I get now is pretty good.

Do you guys use the lock feature i've read about with Mobility? (not sure if it exists for Wind). I've heard that you can lock your phone to only be used when it detects the Home network, apparently its good when you are like right on the outskirts of the Home zone. It prevents it from switching to a tower outside the Home zone by mistake.

I can't wait till they bring the Nexus S here. I am thinking about maybe getting that when they release the one for rogers (I doubt I will though since I like the nexus one a lot).

Anyone of a G1 kicking around?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links