Gingerbread update Disaster - need help to roll back

This is a discussion on Gingerbread update Disaster - need help to roll back within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My phone just updated to 2.3.3 GB and its a disaster. It's competely broke my phone. My contacts - won't open, force close city. My ...

Thread: Gingerbread update Disaster - need help to roll back

Gingerbread update Disaster - need help to roll back

My phone just updated to 2.3.3 GB and its a disaster. It's competely broke my phone. My contacts - won't open, force close city. My actual phone call contact functions, busted. As of now I have no way to get any of my contact information off the phone.

And I see no obvious way to uninstall GB and roll back to the previous Froyo version.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall the GB update? I've looked thru Settings, Phone, and found the version numbers etc, but nothing is selectable and I don't see anyway to do anything from there. I've rebooted the phone three times already.

I have the Nexus One, on AT&T, not rooted. I am not a savy phone user, more the nexus for dummies type.

I am using a 3rd party contact list as well, and thats dead as well. Oh and Marketplace is broken too.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First, I would recommend doing a factory reset, and see if that helps...

Menu> Settings> Privacy

You will lose your data, so backup what you can (MyBackup, from the market).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I have posted similar post. However, going to REBOOT from the "Power Button - reller ball" startup fixed ALL the problems I was complaining about.

Worth the try (I removed the battery to shut down first)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links