nexus one voip help!!!

This is a discussion on nexus one voip help!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ok so i just got the OTA to gingerbread, im super ecited because now i can make phone calls from my apartment, which has no ...

Thread: nexus one voip help!!!

nexus one voip help!!!

ok so i just got the OTA to gingerbread, im super ecited because now i can make phone calls from my apartment, which has no reception, using wifi. only thing is, i dont know how to set up the account. i dont have an account anywhere and i was wondering if we use our google voice settings? im really in the dark on this one. help!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have mine set up and working, but my setup may be a little bit complicated. So I'll preface by saying that somewhere I saw an article on how to set up Nexus S. Perhaps in this forum, so look around.

My setup:
    1) I bought an existing membership in Gizmo5, which was acquired by Google and no longer accepts new members, on Ebay. This membership includes a SIP number, which looks like a phone number, but isn't. I funded the account with $10.
    2) I have a free Google Voice account, which gives me a legitimate phone number. I attached the Gizmo5 account to the GV account, so that when the legitimate phone number is called, GV looks for any device with the Gizmo5 SIP number.
    3) I entered the Gizmo5 SIP number and other parameters into the N1 (Gingerbread), and set it up via Phone and other settings. It works fine. I called a phone number the US from Argentina recently - 17 cents deducted from my Gizmo5 account for 17 minutes.

Another approach, not going through the N1 Phone app, might be to simply use Skype. Pretty cheap when you call a phone.

If you're rooted and have CM7 and are on T-mobile, then you can flash the Wifi Calling app.

UPDATE [1.2]: T-Mobile WiFi Calling for CyanogenMod 7 on Nexus One — Unforgiven Development

Works great for me.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Not rooted. Maybe ill go to my TMobile store and ask what they do for their 4g phones that already have this.

Bump. No luck at tmo. Any ideas?

Anyone have a solution or ideas that can help?

If the above approaches are too messy, there's always a basic solution:

1) Get a SIP account from some provider, such as Sipgate
    2) Set up your phone via Settings->Call Settings->Internet Call Settings

Your IP phone number will not be the same as your Cell number.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links