Hotspot issue after Gingerbread

This is a discussion on Hotspot issue after Gingerbread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey, Gingerbread update OTA was fine. Now when I turn on Hotspot my laptop connects fine but I get no DNS resolution. I even manually ...

Thread: Hotspot issue after Gingerbread

Hotspot issue after Gingerbread

Hey,

Gingerbread update OTA was fine. Now when I turn on Hotspot my laptop connects fine but I get no DNS resolution. I even manually try to do a nslookup of google.com to 4.2.2.2 and it times out.

So I deleted the save network profile on my laptop, renamed the SSID on the N1 and reconnected...still nothing.

Anyone else having an issue?

I can ping 4.2.2.2 over the connection, but can't get any name resolution working.

If I put an IP into Chrome, I can bring up the webpage.

What the heck is up?

Thanks for reading.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

While I don't have any technical details, yesterday I tried to create a wifi hotspot. My laptop detected and joined the network, but said it said that I had no internet access. This was my first attempt at using the hotspot since upgrading to gingerbread.

EDIT: I just tried to create a hotspot again, and it worked fine. Figures, yesterday I was in an airport wanting to get some work done and now I'm comfortably in my apartment!

works for me (T-mobile)

I pulled the batt on the N1 and it worked. Not sure for how long tho...

Yeah not for long.

Enabled Hotspot this am, connected and no DNS resolution.

Pulled battery, reconnected still no DNS resolution.

Shut phone down with power button, booted it back up, connected and it worked.

C'mon!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links