How do I roll back the GB OS to Froyo? GB issues continue.

This is a discussion on How do I roll back the GB OS to Froyo? GB issues continue. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I posted earlier about contact list issues I was having. I backed everything, up, rebooted, removed the battery etc. Everything short of completely wiping and ...

Thread: How do I roll back the GB OS to Froyo? GB issues continue.

How do I roll back the GB OS to Froyo? GB issues continue.

I posted earlier about contact list issues I was having. I backed everything, up, rebooted, removed the battery etc. Everything short of completely wiping and reseting the phone. My third party contact information remains lost. The default app doesnt contain the complete info so I've basically lost all my contact data. When I dial using what few numbers I have in the default contacts, the phone makes the call, but force closes at completetion, probably when it tries to update the call log. I still cant use the the call log successfully either, presumably the same reason, its tied into the contact list. I'd like to roll back the OS, update the data so I at least have it, and then possibly look to put GB back in the future.

BUt for now, I just want Froyo back. Contacts arent the only broken thing. My speech recognition is completely unusable. Google maps doesn't work right any more either. Takes multi tries to get an address up, the map flips camera angles, and the GPS locater is off by 100s of feet.

Simply put, I hate GB and want it off my phone. Since I have the Nexus ONe, I obviously am on my own and would appreciated assistance on how to go about restoring the previous OS.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Your contacts info should be stored in your Google account, and can be accessed from logging into Gmail from any webpage. They may be stored under the Other Contacts field, which is why they aren't syncing, in which case you can move them to the My Contacts field...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Would that still be true even if I wasn't using the default contacts app? I used a third party app that clearly broke on the update, and so far have not found anyway to get at that information. Woule the google backup really included the data from a marketplace app? I will check it out when I get home though and see.

But I still want to roll back the OS. Add in 50% loss of battery life on top of voice recognition issues, and the map quirks, and I have FOUR reasons to hate GB bow.

Can anyone tell me how to get back to the Froyo OS?

UUnrooted Nexus One on AT&T

I guess that would depend on which app you used...?

To roll back, download FRG33 from here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...Nexus_One/Roms

Rename the file to passimg.zip and place in the root of your SD card (i.e. not in any folder). Power off the phone. Boot into bootloader by holding volume down and power at the same time. Your phone should ask I if you want to install the file...

This will get you to FRG33, and you will have to update to FRG83, then 83D, then finally 83G (search for Passion files).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by niqueh View Post
    Would that still be true even if I wasn't using the default contacts app? I used a third party app that clearly broke on the update, and so far have not found anyway to get at that information. Woule the google backup really included the data from a marketplace app? I will check it out when I get home though and see.

But I still want to roll back the OS. Add in 50% loss of battery life on top of voice recognition issues, and the map quirks, and I have FOUR reasons to hate GB bow.

Can anyone tell me how to get back to the Froyo OS?

UUnrooted Nexus One on AT&T
    It should be true, even with a third party app, as the app is using the android interface to access the contacts. If you have a gmail account and haven't logged in (by the sound of what you are describing, you haven't), then I highly recommend signing in before doing anything else. It sure as heck won't hurt anything.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links