Desktop dock problem w/ N1

This is a discussion on Desktop dock problem w/ N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Recently have noticed and especially after GB update that N1 when docked does not stay on or charging. It the past it would change to ...

Thread: Desktop dock problem w/ N1

Desktop dock problem w/ N1

Recently have noticed and especially after GB update that N1 when docked does not stay on or charging. It the past it would change to clock mode and charge then eventually change to nighttime mode throughout the night. For example last night, I dock it, it goes into clock mode and this morning it was off, no clock mode showing at all and the battery was half dead. Anyone else having issue? Anyone know how to fix?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Silly question but you're sure the phone is still touching the charge contacts properly? When you saw the phone in the morning, what was the state of the charging LED?

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Silly question but you're sure the phone is still touching the charge contacts properly? When you saw the phone in the morning, what was the state of the charging LED?
    Like I said it was off and the led was off. I'm always sure it has made sufficient contact when its docked before I leave it. When I left it, it went into clock mode and of course LED charging mode.

Stock or rooted firmware? Do you have an animal that could be bumping it?

I have noticed the same thing, T-Mobile, Stock firmware, nothing bumping mine and I am certain it makes contact as it is set to make the audible sound as well I always verify it is secure.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Stock or rooted firmware? Do you have an animal that could be bumping it?
    Stock, but I have found the problem.
    It seems that the bottom, back part of the case on the phone shifted when it fell out of the belt case I had when I was in the restroom a couple weeks ago. The phone fell on the floor, from maybe a foot off the floor and the back and battery popped out. Put back together and fine.
    However, the bottom part of the case shifted slightly, not enough to notice by looking, but enough to keep the contacts from making proper connection. I squeezed the parts together to make the hairline separation disappear and viola, works as it should. Gingerbread not the culprit.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links