Backing up Nexus 0ne

This is a discussion on Backing up Nexus 0ne within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am new to the forum, so if this is not the place to post please direct me. I had a problem with my phone ...

Thread: Backing up Nexus 0ne

Backing up Nexus 0ne

I am new to the forum, so if this is not the place to post please direct me.

I had a problem with my phone that required it to be returned for service. I could back up all the "data" stuff, but if anything ever happens again I would like to be able to restore the phone to exactly the way I have it ...apps layout etc.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moved to Nexus One section.

About the best option you have is to use MyBackup Pro from the market. It won't backup everything...

You should also back up your SD to your PC (just copy everything)...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

The only way to make it exactly the same as it was before is to make a nandroid backup but that requires root and you would also need to make one like everyday which personally I wouldn't, the other thing I can suggest is titanium backup which also requires root and you can set scheduled backups. Without root the only thing you can do is what danger-rat suggested above and use my backup pro.

You probably don't want to root if you're returning the phone for repair...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Oh ok well I miss read the OP sorry but ya go with danger on this one I wouldn't root either unless you root then unroot but it seams like allot of trouble for data unless you really want to.

Thanks

I am not returning this phone for repair ( at least I hope not ) But just in case I would like to be able to return to "the way it was ". Last time I backed up all my data and the SD card, but for the background and the icons I had to start again.

Does MyBackup Pro handle more than you can do by just backing up to a PC

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair80537 View Post
    I am new to the forum, so if this is not the place to post please direct me.

I had a problem with my phone that required it to be returned for service. I could back up all the "data" stuff, but if anything ever happens again I would like to be able to restore the phone to exactly the way I have it ...apps layout etc.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

well my nexus was rooted and the bootloader was unlocked and it was sent in for service,got repaired,and htc didnt say anything,but they did unroot my device and locked the bootloader again,lol,but back to you question you can use my back up pro like he said or you can use titanium,works very good

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_iDon_xX View Post
    well my nexus was rooted and the bootloader was unlocked and it was sent in for service,got repaired,and htc didnt say anything,but they did unroot my device and locked the bootloader again,lol,but back to you question you can use my back up pro like he said or you can use titanium,works very good
    Although the only problem with titanium backup is that you need root access so if he doesn't want to root his phone my backup pro is the best he can get but if he has root access then ya titanium backup is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_iDon_xX View Post
    Although the only problem with titanium backup is that you need root access so if he doesn't want to root his phone my backup pro is the best he can get but if he has root access then ya titanium backup is the best.
    Yea i forgot to mention about having root acces to use titanium.Lol

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links