Is it worth getting the nexus one now

This is a discussion on Is it worth getting the nexus one now within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was in a similar situation. Bought a used N1 and love it. Really a great phone. Saved me a bunch of money (no contract). ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth getting the nexus one now

I was in a similar situation.

Bought a used N1 and love it. Really a great phone. Saved me a bunch of money (no contract). I was running GB, but have recently installed CM7 and doubt I'll go back to stock. Great phone, and tonnes of support on these types of forums

in the words of bobby gillispie

"i was lost now i'm found
    i believe in you i got no bounds"

n1 all the way
    my other phone's a nexus too

Ya defiantly worth getting a nexus one unless you are one of those guys who wants the fastest thing on the market all the time then go for dual core but the nexus one is still a great phone. I love it and I'm going to get mine fixed even if I want an Atrix because it is just so great I don't ever want to split with this phone.

I wouldn't even consider the Atrix. The dual core is only useful for the bullcrap accessories such as the laptop dock. By the time the 4g and the full potential of the processor is properly allowed there will be phones that make it feel like a regular Motorola phone. Just my opinion. I guess its cause I don't care for Motorola. They had there run with the razr that's about it. No android device is worth upgrading to from the n1 at this time in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    It's definitely worth still getting one. I been on my HTC Inspire 4g but I have to be honest, the only difference between the two is the word 4g and the bigger screen. Other than the front facing camera, the N1 is still tough enough to compete and in some cases is better than the Nexus S amongst other Android powered phones IMHO. Getting any phone right now other than the Atrix or the Infuse coming soon, or even the GS 2 are just side step phones IMO, and it's really a stretch with the latter 2 of the 3 mentioned. There's still a strong dev community for the N1, there's still a strong demand for the N1 in the dev community, and despite the delays in receiving Gingerbread, Google has still proven to this point to support the N1 software, along with still having a high resale value.

You won't really see the next phase of phones till they have dual/quad core processors, LTE service, NFC chips, 3D etc. So yes IMHO it is still a worthy foe in the Smartphone world.
    Androidfied.

Amen brotha!

Nexus One is also compatible 4G so yeah its still a great buy.

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Nexus One is also compatible 4G so yeah its still a great buy.
    It's not LTE compatible. Which is true 4g. I don't really consider hsupa as true 4g. More like 3.5 even though it's been reclassified.
    Androidfied.

Someone tell me more. I only get hsdpa. Hsupa is AT&T and I'm on T-Mobile. Please elaborate guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Someone tell me more. I only get hsdpa. Hsupa is AT&T and I'm on T-Mobile. Please elaborate guys.

I actually said it wrong. The D is download and the U is for upload. HS is High Speed and PA is Packet Access. This is for 3g though

HSPA+ just a higher form of speed transfer. GPRS 1g, Edge 2g, HSPA 3g, and HSPA+ 4g (originally refered to as 3.5).

I used to have a Nokia e71 and it used to be able to access 3.5g in certain areas of Austin and this was 2 years ago. I think at the time AT&T didn't have alot of focus on hspa+ network.

As I mention HSPA+ was nothing but 3.5, but they polished a turd to make it sound more presentable, so of course with all the 4g crave it sounds better.

To be honest, I don't see a speed different much. So if the network don't work, who really cares about 4g? It'll take about another good solid 2 years to get a noticeably better and faster network, but would be on LTE for AT&T. Even people who I know who have the Evo don't notice much a difference, but they don't understand that 4g is not just available like it needs to be.

I didn't buy into all the 4g hype when I bought my Inspire cause I know it's only limited to what's available. Know you're network as well as your phone.
    Androidfied.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links