Getting replacement nexus one

This is a discussion on Getting replacement nexus one within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys i wanna get my phone replaced fot dust under the screen but im wondering do i need to unroot it before i send ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting replacement nexus one

Getting replacement nexus one

Hey guys i wanna get my phone replaced fot dust under the screen but im wondering do i need to unroot it before i send it in. Bootloader is locked so its all good. And how do i root again i got this phone prerooted when i got it off my friend so i dont know how to root

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well I would unroot just to make sure but I don' think it is a problem as long as the bootloader is locked. First off I would make a nandroid backup before you do anything so you can come back exactly as you were before you sent it in. Do you know how to unroot? And to reroot it depends on what android version you have.

Thanks for the reply and i dont know how to unroot, can u help me? Thanks again

Edit and yea i do have a backup ^^

just flash a stock rom with passimg method. This will unroot your phone.

Well that is what I was going to say but I was going to explain how to do the passimg method do you know how?

What is passimg method? Sorry for noob question im noob to android phones, im used to ios

This is how you use the passimg method

Go download the file from this link [ROM] Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM - xda-developers rename that file passimg.zip and pace it on the root of your SD card (not in any folders) then boot into bootloader (power down and then power up and hold down vol-) then you should be prompted to flash the file accept and let your phone do the rest (this will wipe your phone clean btw).

thanks :D, and do u know how to root again when i get my new one? without unlocking bootloader of coarse ^^

Yes but how will depend on a few things one is what version of android you are running in the case of the passimg method you will be on frg33 but I have heard of htc updating the phones when they get them repaired so you may get it back running GRI40 which means that you need to unlock the bootloader or passimg it like I just showed you. once you have it on frg33 you have many options to root you will need to get the driver software for the phone (for any of the rooting solutions) you can use superoneclick or the rageagainstthecage method here is a link you can folow the instructions on how to root there http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html this is a complete guide on how to root your phone.

thanks a ton for the info guys i appreciate it!

btw the passimg method is as simple as just placing it in ur sd card and updating like a different rom right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links