Next Nexus Phone Rumored to Be...

This is a discussion on Next Nexus Phone Rumored to Be... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Dude, I was referring to marketplace competition. Something Google has failed miserably at. The nexus line has been far from competitive...even among android devices....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Nexus Phone Rumored to Be...

Dude,

I was referring to marketplace competition. Something Google has failed miserably at. The nexus line has been far from competitive...even among android devices.

The original concept for the Nexus One (according to Google), was to set new limits, push boundaries, and show the phone makers what could and should be done with a phone. They never intended on pushing the phone in the market, not do they see themselves as phone makers...

I think they really pushed the limits with the N1, as far as screen resolution, processor speeds, and such, butt I'm not sure they pushed any limits with the NS (not that it isn't a great phone).

I've no idea what Googles current Nexus strategy is...?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I don't want to start an argument, but I never read where Google ever stated that as the only reason for the phone. It is what people started saying when the slaes were horrible in order to build up the phone.

Assuming that that was what Google had in mind (to push the limits), then how do you explain the Nexus S? They changed the marketing for it and the only limits that it pushed was a curved face and an NFC chip. There is nothing exceptional about that phone. My guess is that they wanted to get the NFC chip in the hands of Developers. That hasn't gone too well.

I'm not saying that the Nexus line has failed because of a lack of sales, I'm just saying that if Google and HTC wanted to put something out to compete with the iphone they could and the next itiration of the Nexus looks to be getting close.

No New Nexus In Sight, Says Schmidt: Nexus One Did Its Job http://phandroid.com/?p=22839

I agree that the only thing the Nexus S brings to the table is the NFC chip. Google appear to be dumping NFC stations all over San Francisco, that may be their primary motive? My personal though was that Google was the driver behind releasing the Nexus One, but I suspect Samsung were the driver behind the Nexus S partnership...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Well when I think of the nexus S all I think of is the NFC chip because when you think about it it might have actually did it's job (the same one as the nexus one back in the day) this is how I see it. It was the first phone on the market to have and NFC chip so devs and stores and what ever started thinking about it, that is good it got the idea in there minds and some people started working on it. Now I'm not sure if this is right or not but I think I saw someone that the nexus iphone was supposed to have an NFC chip in it and like it if not for now the iphone is the phone that the average consumer wants to buy. So if the average consumer (most people) have it then people already had this idea (NFC) in their head so they will really start working on it then after that all we do is wait and see.

Maybe NFC will take off and the whole world will have one in there phones and it will be used everywhere or maybe it will just die out and become one of those good ideas that never got adopted or if Google enable it for payment then it automatically has a use right now (more or less) and then it can get slowly adopted.

All that to say that I think the NS will pushed the phone industry forward just with the NFC chip.

Thanks for the link Danger.

I remember that article. What I don't remember is anything that he said prior to. The death of the n1 in the USA. Doesn't it seem strange that vodaphone is still selling it I'd it's "done its job?" I'm sorry but that comment by Schmidt smacks of spin to me.

I love my phone. It's the best 14 month old phone out there. Eve a techie I know who owns a rooted incrediible is jealous if my phone. Why wouldn't they try to sell more of them? Yes it pushed the envelope, but why would that be the sole purpose of it? Again it smacks of after the fact spin to me.

Hey random. Just one thing. Last week Apple announced there will not be an nfc chip in the iphone5. I speculate that its because they are behind in the race and they feel that maybe by ignoring nfc it will die and be replaced by a technology they can take the lead in introducing.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Hey random. Just one thing. Last week Apple announced there will not be an nfc chip in the iphone5. I speculate that its because they are behind in the race and they feel that maybe by ignoring nfc it will die and be replaced by a technology they can take the lead in introducing.
    Yeah like html5. You know. Whenever it comes to light and destroys flash. Eventually, in like 5 years. Sometime soon in the near near future.
    Androidfied.

True that.

HTC Pyramid Specs Hit The Inbox, Launching In June With Android 2.4?

Wonder if it really will launch with 2.4 ?
    Sounds like a beast
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links