RMA Nexus One Inside Canada

This is a discussion on RMA Nexus One Inside Canada within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The guy up there has a point you might want to try that just a thought. Also what is the number your calling it may ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMA Nexus One Inside Canada

The guy up there has a point you might want to try that just a thought.

Also what is the number your calling it may just be a number that doesn't assosiate with Canada here's where I got the number HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair

That is a very valid point indeed that I never thought of.
    Unfortunately I haven't been around when the calling is going on so I don't know exactly what was said.

But apparently this is what has happened since my last update. HTC is saying that they will take the phone to do the work. However, they can't guarantee that what is wrong with the phone will be covered by the warranty.

In this case the issue with the phone is the USB port crapping out. According to some posts I have read the USB ports are covered under the warranty. So I don't really know if it is worth it to risk sending the phone out to be repaired by HTC.

My girl is thinking she might just take it to this other place I found that repairs cell phones. They think they might be able to fix it for $50 bucks (obviously that could change if there is something more serious wrong with the phone).

I think we might sit on the decision for a few days and decide what to do. The USB is still allowing charging if played with the right way so its not a super fast emergency.

Thanks for all the feed back though guys, I will be sure to continue to update this post!!!

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

That sounds ok to me bourne cause they just want to make sure to cover their own a** encase there is water damage or some thing else that they need to fix that is not covered by the warranty and they told you that they would fix it under warranty.

Put my N1 in service Aug. 2010, failed Sept. 2010. They ask questions to determine if it has actually failed and whether it is the customers fault. The Sim card must be faulty, it works in another phone so it cannot be at fault and so on. If you have not rooted it and there is no obvious physical damage then there is no reason why they would not send you a prepaid shipping label. Just answer their questions intelligently in a way that places the onus on HTC. Mine took 18 days and frequent follow up, tracking stops in Markham, Ontario, that office forwards it to Texas and Texas sends it directly to you using UPS. Use the tracking number and follow up on the phone frequently. They have the irritating habit of returning emails that seem to start the whole process from scratch, thats why you should phone.

thanks for the feedback guys.
    i am still not entirely sure what my girlfriend is going to do. i think she is leaning towards having it fixed locally because she can't be without her phone for very long.

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

I am in Quebec under Videotron's network. When I called HTC to replace my faulty battery, they only asked me when the phone was purchased (had to be under 1 year) and they sent me a new battery and said being in Canada wasn't a problem. So I guess they will honor the warranty to replace or repair the phone.

I know this is old, but we most CERTAINLY DO repairs on canadian nexus phones. No swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahItsMe View Post
    I know this is old, but we most CERTAINLY DO repairs on canadian nexus phones. No swaps.
    Maybe I missed something, but, who are "we"?

Its because YeahItsMe is from htc repair so he refers to them when he posts. Although if I can make a suggestion I would put it in your signature YeahItsMe cause people may be less confused when you refer to them as "we".

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Its because YeahItsMe is from htc repair so he refers to them when he posts. Although if I can make a suggestion I would put it in your signature YeahItsMe cause people may be less confused when you refer to them as "we".
    Aha, I got it now. Thanks
    Good to know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links