RMA Nexus One Inside Canada

This is a discussion on RMA Nexus One Inside Canada within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey, Curious to see if anyone has RMA'ed their Nexus One inside Canada while it is still under warranty? My girlfriends Nexus One has an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMA Nexus One Inside Canada

RMA Nexus One Inside Canada

Hey,

Curious to see if anyone has RMA'ed their Nexus One inside Canada while it is still under warranty?

My girlfriends Nexus One has an issue with charging, it is still under warranty, but when she called HTC they said they don't honour or do warranty work in Canada. It has to be from the US apparently.

Is this true? I find this to be a little hard to believe considering all the HTC phones that are circulating in Canada.

Can anyone shed some light on situation?

Thank you,

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ya I actually called htc today for my next one and they guy who was there said that they would have honored my warranty if it wasn't for the fact that it was rooted. And I am in Canada so they should be able to honor you warranty just the only thing is that depending on what rep you talk to you will get strange information like the first rep I talked to a few days ago said that I had to call another number because I was in Canada and they have a representing company in Canada then I called and they told me they didn't do nexus ones so I had to call back the first number :/ anyway all that to say that you can get service under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ya I actually called htc today for my next one and they guy who was there said that they would have honored my warranty if it wasn't for the fact that it was rooted. And I am in Canada so they should be able to honor you warranty just the only thing is that depending on what rep you talk to you will get strange information like the first rep I talked to a few days ago said that I had to call another number because I was in Canada and they have a representing company in Canada then I called and they told me they didn't do nexus ones so I had to call back the first number :/ anyway all that to say that you can get service under warranty.
    this seems to ring true for just about all the posts I have read regarding HTC and their RMA policies.

I am honestly kind of scared to send the phone back to HTC because people are claiming that in a lot of cases HTC tried to charge them additional money for repairs they didn't need before they sent the phone to them.

Has anyone actually done an RMA to HTC and had it be successful? I am honestly considering finding a local repair shop to see what they can do.

I would rather pay, then take the chance of HTC holding the phone ransom.

But thank you for the info Dude Random21, I am going to get my gf to call them again and figure out what the heck is going on!

Will report back.

Well just so you know they can't really hold your phone ransom because if they want to charge you extra for one your under warranty so unless they pull you with something like water damage it's covered and for two they always leave the option open for you to ask for it back the only thing is that they told me that they would charge me 28$ return shipping so that's not that bad and after that you can bring it in to a third party repair shop.

Well just so you know they can't really hold your phone ransom because if they want to charge you extra for one your under warranty so unless they pull you with something like water damage it's covered and for two they always leave the option open for you to ask for it back the only thing is that they told me that they would charge me 28$ return shipping so that's not that bad and after that you can bring it in to a third party repair shop.
    Sorry yeah your right.
    I read a post earlier from someone who rma'ed their phone and
    Htc, or a third party tried to charge mote money and wouldn't release the
    phone until they payed up. I'm just a little paranoid ha.

3rd party is looking favorable at this.
    I'm going to try and get a quote tomorrow on what the
    cost would be.

Thanks for sharing your experience though. I let my girl know
    so that she can have some ammunition for tomorrow when
    she calls.

Your welcome bourne it's no problem hope your girlfriend get through htc with no problems and get her phone fixed all on warranty

Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    Hey,

Curious to see if anyone has RMA'ed their Nexus One inside Canada while it is still under warranty?

My girlfriends Nexus One has an issue with charging, it is still under warranty, but when she called HTC they said they don't honour or do warranty work in Canada. It has to be from the US apparently.

Is this true? I find this to be a little hard to believe considering all the HTC phones that are circulating in Canada.

Thank you,

Hi, Just to let you know, I am in Canada, Vancouver, with Fido, and have a Nexus One. 6 months ago I had a problem with my Nexus One, I called HTC and they told me that they would send me a shipping label via email. This arrived and I boxed Nexus up and sent it to to somewhere in Ontario. It was repaired and returned to me in around 8/9 days. I have just got off the phone with HTC about a problem I am having with my car dock. (It loses Bluetooth connection) I have just received by email notification that the warranty will be honoured and shipping instructions sent. I also told them that I was not getting a full day with my battery. The nice lady said that they will put one in the mail for me.

The number I called was 1 888 716 3594
    Have your imei # ready and the date of purchase
    Try this way and good luck. I would have to give HTC 10/10 for CS.

Good luck, Let us know

Jim

Your welcome bourne it's no problem hope your girlfriend get through htc with no problems and get her phone fixed all on warranty
    I definitely hope so to!
    Thank you again.

I will report the outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Janddi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    Hey,

Thank you,

Hi, Just to let you know, I am in Canada, Vancouver, with Fido, and have a Nexus One. 6 months ago I had a problem with my Nexus One, I called HTC and they told me that they would send me a shipping label via email. This arrived and I boxed Nexus up and sent it to to somewhere in Ontario. It was repaired and returned to me in around 8/9 days. I have just got off the phone with HTC about a problem I am having with my car dock. (It loses Bluetooth connection) I have just received by email notification that the warranty will be honoured and shipping instructions sent. I also told them that I was not getting a full day with my battery. The nice lady said that they will put one in the mail for me.

The number I called was 1 888 716 3594
    Have your imei # ready and the date of purchase
    Try this way and good luck. I would have to give HTC 10/10 for CS.

Good luck, Let us know

Jim
    Wow thank you for the information!!!!
    that is definitely good news.
    I guess it must depend on the customer service rep you talk to.
    I will give this number to my girl to call and see if she gets a different response.

thank you again for taking the time to respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooow,

I just got an update on the whole RMA situation. Apparently HTC is STILL claiming they don't RMA to Canada.

I don't understand how they can make a claim like that when it is obvious that they do do RMA's to Canada

I will try and get more information this evening though.

I found a third party company that says they might be able to do it for as cheap $50 (they based this on repairs they had done on phones like the iPhone with similar problems). So perhaps it might be better just to take it there... I don't know

I also had no problems returning my phone in Canada. Just a question -- are you specifically requesting an RMA, or are you asking for your phone to be fixed? It might be an issue of the wording.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links