Android 3.0 on Nexus One!

This is a discussion on Android 3.0 on Nexus One! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am not sure if this discussion is already there or not but just wanted to find out will Nexus one get Android 3.0 or ...

Thread: Android 3.0 on Nexus One!

Android 3.0 on Nexus One!

I am not sure if this discussion is already there or not but just wanted to find out will Nexus one get Android 3.0 or we should be happy with Android 2.2.3?

I don't see any official news about 3.0 on Nexus one! so just wondering!

Let me know!

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    Google has said that 3.0 (Honeycomb) is specifically for tablets, and that a future release would converge the two device trees. Based on that I think you're not going to see a 3.0 port to any phone coming from Google directly. You might see it from a 3rd party ROM, but from what I've seen of 3.0 on the Xoom, I don't think it would be a particularly pleasing experience on a small screen device.

Actually, Google said all 3.0 features will make it into smartphones (in some form)...

Google's Dan Morrill: All of Honeycomb's Features Will Make their Way to Smartphones "in Some Form" http://phandroid.com/?p=41182

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

mah
    I didn't mean to suggest the features would not show up at some point -- quite the opposite (as I stated: a future release would converge the two device trees).

I'm just saying that whatever release (name / version) phones get this convergence in, I do not believe it will be versioned 3.0 nor named Honeycomb. The original poster did not mention the features, but rather the specific version 3.0.

Try out the Honeycomb ROM at xda. It's fascinating for 15 minutes, until you realize you're girlfriend can't reach you to postpone your date.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Try out the Honeycomb ROM at xda. It's fascinating for 15 minutes, until you realize you're girlfriend can't reach you to postpone your date.
    my girlfriend cant reach me .....i'm getting it :rofl3:
    my other phone's a nexus too

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links