Nexus One, out of disk space, nothing on it!

This is a discussion on Nexus One, out of disk space, nothing on it! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The reason that google maps takes up so much cache memory is that with the new 5.1 (or 5.0 can't remember) it stores the map ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One, out of disk space, nothing on it!

The reason that google maps takes up so much cache memory is that with the new 5.1 (or 5.0 can't remember) it stores the map in the cache for offline use and no loading. Just so you know :D

Cleared some cache

Well I cleared some cache from a few apps. Google Maps claimed 10 MB so at least I got that back. But it's just a matter of time before I get down to 20 MB again. Once I get to that level, some apps won't even install (flash 10.2) so it's really a problem.

If I saw easy instructions for moving dalvik to SD I would do it, but I don't see anything that appears "unscary." Sadly, this perfect phone may need to be replaced. 145 MB. Stinks.

If the HTC Pyramid is the next Nexus phone, it might be worth it. (N1 is still better than the Nexus S!)

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    you have to be careful with cache clearing though. i had Notes app, and cache cleared all my notes. i then switched to evernote b/c it syncs online so you dont have to worry about it
    Hate evernote, switched to Catch Notes, lighter version is aknotepad
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    That's odd. I just counted. I have 58 downloaded apps and around 27MB free. This isn't much, I occasionally get the error about running out of memory, which seems to be triggered around 20MB of internal free.

As danger-rat says, rooting should be able to fix this. I know that I have about the same number of apps on my Archos 70 and have about 250MB free. Ahh, the wonders of rooting.

The only reason I haven't rooted my Nexus One is that I've got a couple of games that I would want to backup with Titanium Backup. Can't do that unless you are rooted. Sort of a catch 23.
    Try Appmonster will save the apk, but not your settings/high score...

Quote Originally Posted by tn77 View Post
    Well I cleared some cache from a few apps. Google Maps claimed 10 MB so at least I got that back. But it's just a matter of time before I get down to 20 MB again. Once I get to that level, some apps won't even install (flash 10.2) so it's really a problem.

If I saw easy instructions for moving dalvik to SD I would do it, but I don't see anything that appears "unscary." Sadly, this perfect phone may need to be replaced. 145 MB. Stinks.

If the HTC Pyramid is the next Nexus phone, it might be worth it. (N1 is still better than the Nexus S!)
    give CM7 RC2 a shot before giving up on the N1

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tn77 View Post

give CM7 RC2 a shot before giving up on the N1
    That OR any other app2sd solution (with root access) the only thing is it won't be on an EXT partition it will be directly on the SD card which is not recommended because it is better to have it on an EXT partition but if you don't want to make one then app2SD is the next best thing.

I haven't finished testing but I think another area that was eating up a ton of space on my N1 was the mail client. I linked into my yahoo mail and every message being sent from my phone was literally creating hundreds of sent items in the sent box. It was only actually sending 1 but there were hundreds of copies of each message. By the time I noticed it I was sitting at around 50,000 send items, most of which were caused by the phone (messages sent from my computer acted as expected). Anyway more info below

yahoo mail: sent email duplicates - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Now, this is where I'm not entirely sure if this affected the memory or not but I'm guessing that those copies were also being stored on the device since they were accessible via the sent items folder. And after deleting all 50,000 my memory did free up a bunch.

Again, I don't know if this is how it operates and I didn't do any real testing but that is something you can at least check into.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links