Nexus One, out of disk space, nothing on it!

This is a discussion on Nexus One, out of disk space, nothing on it! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Nexus One, 2.3.3. I have literally NO APPS (nothing external) installed on the on-board 145MB storage, but I'm down to 20MB and getting the warning. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One, out of disk space, nothing on it!

Nexus One, out of disk space, nothing on it!

Nexus One, 2.3.3.

I have literally NO APPS (nothing external) installed on the on-board 145MB storage, but I'm down to 20MB and getting the warning. I have (forever) installed anything and everything on my SD card.

There seems to be nothing that I can uninstall to gain disk space. So what are my options? This 145MB limit is a shame...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you have apps installed, you're using space. The stock apps to sd approach only moves part of the app to the card, and leaves some of the app and most of the data on internal memory...

Have you upgraded to 2.3.3 yet? I believe the apps to sd works much better...

The other option is to root...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I'm on 2.3.3 (see original post).

If most of the data and some of the app is on the internal storage, then what is the point to "move to SD card"? That's really disappointing.

I feel like I need a new phone because of this issue. Who cares that I have 12GB of free space on the SD card!

Sorry, missed that bit in your original post...

You're right, it is frustrating.
    The only way to get reasonable app storage is to root and move dalvik to sd (which isn't for everybody)...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Yeah, not for me...

That's odd. I just counted. I have 58 downloaded apps and around 27MB free. This isn't much, I occasionally get the error about running out of memory, which seems to be triggered around 20MB of internal free.

As danger-rat says, rooting should be able to fix this. I know that I have about the same number of apps on my Archos 70 and have about 250MB free. Ahh, the wonders of rooting.

The only reason I haven't rooted my Nexus One is that I've got a couple of games that I would want to backup with Titanium Backup. Can't do that unless you are rooted. Sort of a catch 23.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I used to have 30MB free and always had to be careful what I install, then I decided to factory reset. Wiped out everything and started fresh. I installed the same apps that I had before the reset and now I have around 60MB.
    I always clear the cache, etc..
    "I smell blood, something is calling me"

your post is confusing. you say you have no apps, but you installed stuff onto your memory card? i think you moved stuff, and like someone else said everything doesnt move. i have tons of apps and not rooted and have 49 mb free. sounds like something is wrong with your phone

Enough can't be said about Cache clearing...... g maps and G earth take huge amounts of mem...... with GB moving all apps to SD that I could I gain about 30Mb, giving me 55Mb.... clearing ALL app cache's put me sitting pretty at 111 Mb...
    ANd Yea I am app shopping again... :P

you have to be careful with cache clearing though. i had Notes app, and cache cleared all my notes. i then switched to evernote b/c it syncs online so you dont have to worry about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links