Memory upgrade - FASTER AND BIGGER

This is a discussion on Memory upgrade - FASTER AND BIGGER within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay, looking to upgrade the Micro sd 4gb to 32gb. I want it fast, like CLASS 10 fast. Yeah, I could blindly buy something off ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memory upgrade - FASTER AND BIGGER

Memory upgrade - FASTER AND BIGGER

Okay, looking to upgrade the Micro sd 4gb to 32gb. I want it fast, like CLASS 10 fast. Yeah, I could blindly buy something off the web, but I'm looking for proven track record with Nexus 1. Have read review on Patriot and others that basically implode after a certain amount of time or data. Anyone have one that they can recommend? Need make and model number.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I wouldn't bother with a class 10, because the Nexus is the weak link in transfer speeds. I doubt you'd even get class 6 speeds from the phone...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I agree DR. I'm getting ready to upgrade my 8gb class 4 to a 16gb class 6.

i was curious if anyone had already gone through the process of moving from one SD card to another?

I was thinking about doing this myself so that I could bring my music with me.
    But what about the apps that get installed onto the SD card. Is it possible to just copy the entire directory structure from one SD card to another and have it work? the SD card doesn't receive any special formatting does it? It must be a FAT file system of some type if Windows can mount it without exploding.

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

I did that bourne. I had so much stuff on it that I don't know wherefore everything transferred. I'm pretty sure it did. The problem I had was with music. For some reason the album art did not seem to stay with the song/album. Although. I also noticed this problem when I change roms. So it may be more complicated than just changing SD cards.

I never knew you. Oils get apps.for file transfers to another SD card.

dudewithaplan thanks for the advice!

I was hoping it would work like this. It makes sense since it is a linux system. Linux is pretty easy to work with since it just uses paths, as long as that path exists and the content of that path contains the files the system needs, everything should work good.

Thats weird about the album art. Perhaps there is some additional linking the system establishes between the music and the album that maybe gets broken with a new SD card? not entirely sure. Sounds sort of similar to what happens with the gallery when it duplicates images... sort of

cheers

It was pretty funny. The Rolling Stones song, "Sympathy For the Devil" displayed a Justin Bieber album cover! I don't even own any Justin Bieber!

Anyway. I realized that some of this was an app problem in that I have several music apps some of them download album art. Not sure if some of the tags got changed or what. My guess is they somehow got separated. I've also had this problem when flashing new ROMs.

I think a remedy to the problem would be to "Fix Permissions" as soon as you reload the new SD card into your phone.

of all the album covers that could have shown up it just had to be the bieber.... lol

I can only imagine the underlying links that exist between applications, especially when you have a mix between things being installed on the phone and being installed on the SD card.

Luckily I am not in to deep with to many files on my SD card just yet. However if I do decide to use my Nexus to carry my music as well that could all change! So more then likely I might wind up in a similar situation.

Just out of curiosity, what did you mean by "Fix Permissions"? Do you mean like going in command line and using chmod to change permissions files/directories?

Dang. I just noticed you're not rooted. "Fix Permissions" is a ROM Manager option that reconmects files to each other. At least I think it does...lol. you should be fine.

I think I'm going to utilize cloud services in the future. I just loaded 8gb of music onto Amazon Cloud Player and it works great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links