Same sms notification 5 times in a row

This is a discussion on Same sms notification 5 times in a row within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been getting a weird issue over the last few months. I have a Nexus one, 2.3.3 and what happens is i get a ...

Thread: Same sms notification 5 times in a row

Same sms notification 5 times in a row

I have been getting a weird issue over the last few months.

I have a Nexus one, 2.3.3 and what happens is i get a text. and i get a notification. then i get another notification for the same text, and it shows the preview in the top bar, then 30 seconds later, another notification and another preview, 30 more seconds, and again. and this time i got it 5 times. wasn't touching the phone during this stream of notifications.

any idea what is going on here?

quite annoying...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I know nothing about how the text sms messaging system works on the airwaves, but I'd guess that the network is not getting a message sent to device successfully message...that or your carrier network is having issues.
    Call your carrier and ask them "what is going on?"
    Do you have any kind of backup software installed for your text messages? I use one and also use Handcent for my texting. On those slim chances of a message coming in while the backup program is backing up, I have seen my Nexus One notify me twice of the same message.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links