T-Mobile might Block Tethering Nexus One with GB

This is a discussion on T-Mobile might Block Tethering Nexus One with GB within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I think what's needed here is a good old-fashioned class action suit against cell carriers that advertise "unlimited" data plans then try to screw you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T-Mobile might Block Tethering Nexus One with GB

I think what's needed here is a good old-fashioned class action suit against cell carriers that advertise "unlimited" data plans then try to screw you if you actually use them for data. Where would they find a jury stoopid enough to vote in favor of the cell companies (maybe they can bring back OJs jury...)?

Is there a working ap or widget that will keep a running tally of the data passing through my phone and display the number in real-time (or updated every 30 sec or so)?

I use little data in my phone because I rarely watch youtube videos, do not use facebook and other silly social crap. I occasionally tether my laptop when I am out of range of a wifi network and MUST have a connection. I haven't had any complaints about it yet, but it seems this sort of thing is on the upswing.
    Your ad here. I will put whatever silly thing you want in my signature and it will appear each and every time I post a message if you pay me a little something. For a little more I'll guarantee a minimum number of daily posts... :russian_roulette:

(note- the above comments are intended to be sarcastic/humorous and in no way constitute an actual commercial offer)

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    Is there a working ap or widget that will keep a running tally of the data passing through my phone and display the number in real-time (or updated every 30 sec or so)?
    I think what you're looking for is an app called: Traffic Monitor Widget

Network Counter by mapeapps is a good option...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Or you could just call T-Mobile (611) and ask for total data use. It will give it to you.

I think what's needed here is a good old-fashioned class action suit against cell carriers that advertise "unlimited" data plans then try to screw you if you actually use them for data. Where would they find a jury stoopid enough to vote in favor of the cell companies (maybe they can bring back OJs jury...)?

I use little data in my phone because I rarely watch youtube videos, do not use facebook and other silly social crap. I occasionally tether my laptop when I am out of range of a wifi network and MUST have a connection. I haven't had any complaints about it yet, but it seems this sort of thing is on the upswing.
    I think the more appropriate suit would be against carriers charging two separate fees for the same service. It's similar to cable companies who tried to charge for each device you connected to the internet.

I pay for a block of data, my block just happens to be infinite, I get to choose how and what I use that block for unless otherwise stated in my contract. It's no different than hooking up a router to my line.

Those of us on the N1 and other unlocked devices have the capability built into the stock OS. One could argue it's even built into all android phones. This does not require any third party applications to access (what is restricted in their new contracts, not old ones). Thus, they have no grounds to block it.

Imagine if they started charging for every picture you took. It would be just as ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post

I think the more appropriate suit would be against carriers charging two separate fees for the same service. It's similar to cable companies who tried to charge for each device you connected to the internet.

I pay for a block of data, my block just happens to be infinite, I get to choose how and what I use that block for unless otherwise stated in my contract. It's no different than hooking up a router to my line.

Those of us on the N1 and other unlocked devices have the capability built into the stock OS. One could argue it's even built into all android phones. This does not require any third party applications to access (what is restricted in their new contracts, not old ones). Thus, they have no grounds to block it.

Imagine if they started charging for every picture you took. It would be just as ridiculous.
    Also in NO other country in the world do they charge to send and receive a call! That is double charging and it's not right! Cell phone companies get away with murder

...and their answer to that its, it's capitalism, if you don't like our product, don't buy it. To think that T -Mobile its the best we have in this country for an inexpensive quality product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links