Unlink my Market account from default account or I will be force to Amazon AppStore

This is a discussion on Unlink my Market account from default account or I will be force to Amazon AppStore within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by fiercefire Have to read the fine print: Because your application purchases are tied to your Amazon.com account, you will not be able ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unlink my Market account from default account or I will be force to Amazon AppStore

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post

Have to read the fine print:
    Because your application purchases are tied to your Amazon.com account, you will not be able to use apps if you have signed out from the Amazon Appstore. To use the apps that you've purchased, please sign back into your account on the Amazon Appstore app.
    Ok, I understand it better now. It looks like DRM for the Amazon store and apps. Apparently once the DRM token has been downloaded, an internet connection is NOT required (so airplane mode works). But you have to keep the Amazon Store installed on the device. Also, it's an optional setting the developer can chose to use or not.

Amazon clarifies its App Store DRM -- it's not nearly as scary as you thought | Android Central

OK first I'm sorry it took too long for me to reply.

I have my business phone and my personal phone plus I have my kids phones, let take for example Swiftkeys or PowerAmp if I want to download this apps to the other phone I can do one of two things I can repurchase them and download them or I could have log in with my account as the primary and download them that way. If I have all my devices with the same account that means unintentionally some one can access my Gmail, calendar, or contacts, so that is out of the question, plus I wouldn't be able to take advantages of other features as the primary account like Gtalk, Latitude, or personalization of voice input and many more. Now I know that's not as horrible, but now I have Amazon basically tempting me to party at it's house, and to tell you the truth I love it here at the G party, and in some ways I hope Amazon's party sucks because nobody showed up.

So basically all I'm asking is to allow us to download an app that you bought to 2 or 3 devices before you have to repurchase it again. Just like any other software you buy from a retail store.

I know many of you might not agree with me, but considering that I spend more than 150 dollar last year from only one of my accounts, no me it's just silly or maybe it's just me. What do you guys think?

You can have multiple email accounts on one phone, so why don't you have a shared account as the prime on all your phones, and a separate email account for personal use (Gmail, Gtalk, Gvoice, etc)...?

Assuming, that is, that the EULA permits you to use the app on multiple devices - otherwise, it's called piracy... xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Gtalk, latitude, maps starred, personalized voice input, data backup to Google servers, and many more features are tied to the primary account. So basically if you have one account for primary account it makes all this feature unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    So basically all I'm asking is to allow us to download an app that you bought to 2 or 3 devices before you have to repurchase it again. Just like any other software you buy from a retail store.
    Welllll.... I'm not going to get preachy but I think you'll find most software only allows you to install it on one computer at a time. You might install it more than once but that's generally against the license agreement.

I know some tax software, which must be purchased annually, lets more than one person use it but I'm not sure if that includes installing it on more than one machine. It might... but that's an exception.

So really, the Android/Apple/Blackberry markets are just trying to enforce something the PC software makers wish they could also enforce. Ya, it can get expensive but so is going out to eat. Not too many restaurants will let you purchase a single buffet plate but let 3 people eat off of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links