new in-app billing feature

This is a discussion on new in-app billing feature within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; what's the difference between this and the old way of purchasing apps? i havent purchased an app in a while, but i thought that once ...

Thread: new in-app billing feature

new in-app billing feature

what's the difference between this and the old way of purchasing apps? i havent purchased an app in a while, but i thought that once you linked your credit card to google checkout, isnt that pretty much in-app billing and one-click?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My assumption was that you could upgrade to a paid version of an app from within the app itself, instead of having to download a key or new version from the Market...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I believe that in addition to what danger-rat has stated, you can also by other stuff from the app.

Let's say for example, Rovio wants to start marketing "Angry Birds" T-Shirts or wallpapers, they could sell them through the app.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I believe that in addition to what danger-rat has stated, you can also by other stuff from the app.

Let's say for example, Rovio wants to start marketing "Angry Birds" T-Shirts or wallpapers, they could sell them through the app.
    Great more adds on angry birds :rofl3:

Yeah. No kidding!

They should come out with Angry Bats that fly around and using their sonar shoot various types of propelled guano on the Angry Birds.

Pweewwwwww! pweewwwwwwwww! Pweewwwwwwww!

mah
    They could also sell in-game upgrades. Having trouble with this level? Purchase an extra bird.

There are apps that have already done this, through other payment models, and it was against the Market terms of service to do so (for apps distributed through the Market, since you're using Google to make money without giving them a cut). This enables those apps to perform this service while not violating the TOS.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links