Help me choose...

This is a discussion on Help me choose... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello! So I've had the N1 for a year, we've had our ups and downs (including me almost completely bricking it ). The phone plan ...

Thread: Help me choose...

Question Help me choose...

Hello!

So I've had the N1 for a year, we've had our ups and downs (including me almost completely bricking it ). The phone plan for me and mum are about to be up...

At the moment, I have a 19/cap (sold the phone that came with it) and mum has a 49/month. She's decided to downgrade to something lower. Since her phone is rather old (like what 6-7 years?) I've convinced her its time to get a new phone. She gave in

So I've obviously told her an android would be a good idea. So I narrowed it down to these phones:

* HTC legend, 29/month (we'll need to change carriers for this one)
    * Sony X10, 29/month
    * Samsung Galaxy S, 39/month

She likes the HTC legend (for its size and aluminium), the other two not so much.

Considering the SGS is 39/month from 49+, I've told her its a good deal (with other carriers charging through the nose, usually above 49 for smart phones). But she's not so keen on the large size... So she suggested:

"Why don't I get the SGS, and I'll swap you for your phone (N1)"

I can see why she'd rather use my phone than the SGS, its smaller and it does have a metal build (things she like about the legend). I'm quite conflicted at the moment...

I like my N1 for:
    * UNIQUE...
    * LED trackball
    * LED flash
    * Better exterior than SGS
    * Lots of software support and ROMS. First to get updates bla bla bla.

The SGS:
    * Bigger 4" Super AMOLED, even with the slight blue tint, its quite good looking ... Also covered by gorilla glass!
    * The Hummingbird, should be faster
    * The touch sensor won't freak out with 2 fingers, it manages max of 5 fingers i think.
    * The buttons are easy to press, I haven't needed to press a button twice (unlike my N1...)
    * It goes well with my Galaxy Tab

I know the SGS isn't a major upgrade (in fact, I have my eye on the SGS2... but it will be expensive and I'm saving up XD), its more like an evolutionary step (like the NS). And no, the nexus S is out of the question, its 65/month, not worth it.

Her plan is up the end of this month, so I'll still have time to think... and to hear from you guys. What do you think?
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i would swap the htc one for htc desire s
    sony one for xperia arc
    and i dont like the sammy
    all in all i wouldnt swap my n1 for any of them now that i think about it :rofl3:
    my other phone's a nexus too

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    i would swap the htc one for htc desire s
    sony one for xperia arc
    and i dont like the sammy
    all in all i wouldnt swap my n1 for any of them now that i think about it :rofl3:
    What? no love for sammy? :P It must be because of touchwiz right?

Since the plan is up later in the month (and my plan is up in late June/July) is there any news on what phones would be out? The SE Arc has showed up in the local brochures, i was expecting the SGS2 to be here first
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

**Bump**

No other opinions??

Personally the nexus is my first HTC phone, and I have been far more impressed with the build quality on it then my prior phones, so I would lean towards an HTC phone... but I guess if SHE wants the Legend, then get her the Legend. She has to us it after all. :D
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Personally the nexus is my first HTC phone, and I have been far more impressed with the build quality on it then my prior phones, so I would lean towards an HTC phone... but I guess if SHE wants the Legend, then get her the Legend. She has to us it after all. :D
    My Nexus is my first HTC phone too, and I'd definitely agree with you, the build quality is definitely better than lots of phones out there.

In fact, if the Nexus had a better touch sensor, it would be one of the best phones

I think you are right, she should be fine with a legend, a Nexus would be too much for her ... That means I can save up for a Nexus 3... if that will be released at all.

Actually I thought it's pretty nice tech piece .. it got more than year ago everithing that you got right now in most of the Android phones .. with outstanding quality .. and actually I don't thing even the S have the same quality or features .. ( except internal memory which I like a lot .. )

htc pyramid
    motorola atrix
    both out in uk about may/june
    my other phone's a nexus too

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links