Android market losing the race

This is a discussion on Android market losing the race within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I love my nexus one and the freedom of the android platform,but here's my concern I was cruising around on a buddies iPhone and ...

Thread: Android market losing the race

Android market losing the race

So I love my nexus one and the freedom of the android platform,but here's my concern I was cruising around on a buddies iPhone and the one and in my opinion the win for apple is the huge lack in quality apps in the android market.other than the regular made by some kid in his moms basement 3-4star apps.there not a hole lot out there.ya sure I could personalize the crap outta my lovely nexus but for game play or music or TV and movies the quality of apps is killing us,why has one taking a notice and start popping out quality games?
    Don't get me wrong there's a few I got that I play on a regular basis ei. Star traders elite,cyberloads,and some mindless tube racing game I play was I'm real board.
    So ya am I just missing something or is the market just become a clone of other apps?hell I counted 17 different Simon says clones....really 17?are we really that mindless?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Apple App store had a Nice headstart on the android market. Patients is a virtue. Besides IMO none of the games they have that we dont are ShowStoppers. Meaning I'm not going to go get an iPhone for the Games Ya Dig?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

*Thread Moved to proper Section*
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I guess. I don't get it. For music, itunes has the best ui, but really, when I want to listen to music I either put it on shuffle or pick out what I want. I don't sit around and look at the screen. Most importantly. Where are the apps that allow for free downloads in the appstore? Nowhere. I download a lot of free music... and pay for some, usually from amazon and all the music player apps I have play all of my music. itunes does not.

In addition. For me, games are far from a deal breaker. I want functional apps that help me organize my life much more than I want games. The app market has always supplied quality apps for that.

I agree with slim. apple had a pretty big head start, but really. There's over 150,000 apps in the app market. even if 2/3 are crap that's still 50,000 apps to chose from. How in the world could that not be providing most if not all of what you need?

the only segment where iPhone wins over all others it's dock options and devices made for it .. ( iPhone )

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I guess. I don't get it. For music, itunes has the best ui, but really, when I want to listen to music I either put it on shuffle or pick out what I want. I don't sit around and look at the screen. Most importantly. Where are the apps that allow for free downloads in the appstore? Nowhere. I download a lot of free music... and pay for some, usually from amazon and all the music player apps I have play all of my music. itunes does not.

In addition. For me, games are far from a deal breaker. I want functional apps that help me organize my life much more than I want games. The app market has always supplied quality apps for that.

I agree with slim. apple had a pretty big head start, but really. There's over 150,000 apps in the app market. even if 2/3 are crap that's still 50,000 apps to chose from. How in the world could that not be providing most if not all of what you need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapage View Post
    the only segment where iPhone wins over all others it's dock options and devices made for it .. ( iPhone )
    there you go

I'll take my nexy, desktop dock and M-Audio M30 speakers over any comparably priced (total of $120 U.S.) Bose, Yamaha, ihome, et al igadgets any day of the week.

That said. The plethora of icrap is mind boggling.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links