nexus 3????

This is a discussion on nexus 3???? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; anyone think there will be a third nexus phone i mean i have the first one. Just wondering if i should wait for another one...

Thread: nexus 3????

nexus 3????

anyone think there will be a third nexus phone i mean i have the first one. Just wondering if i should wait for another one

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't see why not, Google will always need a developer phone

But I think as far as the news/rumors goes, its about a "nexus tab" and LG should be making it.

But even then, if we go by the yearly release cycle, it will be end of the year before we have any solid news of the next Nexus.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I would really like to know if they will be a nexus 3??

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.I View Post
    I would really like to know if they will be a nexus 3??
    If I had to bet on it I would say yes but with google you never know especially now it has new management although Andy Rubin is at a high place and he was in favor of the nexus S (especially the NFC chip XD) so I'm not worrying to much we should have a new nexus on the market by February 2012 (a little bit of a long wait but what you gona do.

I guess I find that a question without enough info. Why are you waiting for another one? Are you looking to upgrade? Why? answering these questions would help us answer your question.

Given past performance, I kind of doubt it. Android is now fully entrenched and growing at a rapid pace with lots of variety in phones available and there are phones with performance similar to the iphone, so a killer phone is not needed to increase sales or penetrate the market. Are there any other mobile technologies on the horizon other than NFC that would work well with increasing Google's ad market? I don't know. Performance of the available developer phones is still on par with the rest of the market. What motivation does Google have to create another phone?

Are you in the U.S. on T-mobile? If so, I don't see any reason to look at new phones until the prospect of the sale gets clearer, unless you really need to have a new phone. If the sale goes through, who knows when T-Mobile's frequencies will go away? I expect not for 2-3 years, but, still, you'll be taking a risk of having purchased a short lived phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links