ice cream 3.1

This is a discussion on ice cream 3.1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The next iteration of Android for smartphones could be along sooner than we think, online speculation suggests. For months, tech sites have been reporting that ...

Thread: ice cream 3.1

ice cream 3.1

The next iteration of Android for smartphones could be along sooner than we think, online speculation suggests.
    For months, tech sites have been reporting that the forthcoming update of the platform would be codenamed Ice Cream Sandwich – in keeping with Google’s habit of naming new versions of Android after moreish snacks.
    However, the appearance of a doodle of an Ice Cream Sundae on Google’s homepage over the weekend sparked a fresh of rumours. Some Android watchers have interpreted the sketch as a reference to the fact that the platform upgrade is ready to be pushed out.

Of course, there are a number of factors that mitigate against that happening. Firstly, with Android still so fragmented and hardly any handsets running the Gingerbread version other than an elite few, it’s doubtful that Google would push out another update so soon.
    More pertinently, there’s every chance that the doodle was simply intended as a celebration of summer and has no bearing on the future direction of Android whatsoever.
    It's not yet clear exactly what we can expect when Ice Cream does hit. But interviews with Android movers and shakers suggest that the next update will bring a number of features of the tablet optimised Honeycomb edition of Android to smartphones.
    my other phone's a nexus too

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The picture was for the anniversary of the ice-cream sundae...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ya beat me to it, Danger Rat.

I thought it's too soon .. we barely know honeycomb . .

i read that article the other day, had a lot of people all excited. kind of a lucky coincident for google
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

My personal feelings are that The Googster will unveil "Ice Cream" in June/July. Gingerbread has had problems. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot development going on with it, other than fixes that don't really fix the problem.

The announcement of "2.4" being a combo of Gingerbread and Honeycomb got me thinking. Maybe the developers decided to take what's good with Gingerbread and combine it with what's good with what's good with Honeycomb. That would be great on two front. It halts fractionalization AND circumvents the development of what may have been turning out to be a bad platform. n addition it combines two development teams to speed things along.

So here's my guess. In June/July we'll get the Nexus (pick a suffix) running "Ice Cream" featuring HDMI out, a Tegra II and some other cool new developing tool.

I'm feeling pretty strong about this (no inside info) because I had a feeling Gingerbread would not make it to the N1 until late February and was pretty close with that.

As far as development tools don't forget NFC because that should not be far off from really launching now :D

...just wanted to throw that in there XD

I'm just not sure they'll put out in since the nexus S has it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links