POWER BUTTON failure issue

This is a discussion on POWER BUTTON failure issue within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ok so i know this is a super common thing with the nexus one, the power button fails on the top. i have also done ...

Thread: POWER BUTTON failure issue

POWER BUTTON failure issue

ok so i know this is a super common thing with the nexus one, the power button fails on the top. i have also done a lot of research on how to operate the phone without it, but still have a few questions..........

im a little technical with electronics but have no clue what ROOTING my device does? and how to do it? the reason why i ask this question is while doing research i learned that there is a program that requires rooting to run a program that will allow you to wake the phone using the trackball
    [MOD] TrackballWake [v0.1] and TrackballSkip [v0.1] - xda-developers

i am running the anyunlock app right now which allows me to unlock the screen using the volume buttons on the side, this is a somewhat conveniant fix to my problem, but i want to try to trackball and then decide which i prefer to use instead of the power button.

i have heard of other apps that allow you to unlock using the trackball, but cannot seem to make them work, i think it was called lockbot..or something

so my other question is if anyone knows of an app that will FOR SURE allow me to unlock using the trackball and can give me step by step instructions on how to make it work that would be great

and also the rooting? what is it? what does it do? can i make the trackball unlock work using this program? and stepbystep instructions involving that as well

any help woudl be greatly appreciated, i have already sent the nexus off one time to repair the trackball and that was only six months ago, now i am out of warranty and shouldn't have to pay for them to fix the button that has already been incorrectly fixed once already and at the same time is a crappyass design.......so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak
    posted what?:confused:

Rooting basically gives you permissions for the Operating System that you do not normally have, allowing you to change things that you normally can't change...

How you go about rooting depends on which version of Android you are currently running.

Here's a guide I wrote for pre-Gingerbread versions of Android, with a little discussion on what to do if you are already on Gingerbread...
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links