Running out of room on SD Card - What to do?

This is a discussion on Running out of room on SD Card - What to do? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm running out of room on my 4GB SD card. Can I just simply copy and paste all the data on the 4GB card to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running out of room on SD Card - What to do?

Running out of room on SD Card - What to do?

I'm running out of room on my 4GB SD card. Can I just simply copy and paste all the data on the 4GB card to a bigger card?

Another side question is, if I get a new phone, how do I keep all my apps without having to pay for them again? Is it simply a copy and paste transfer. Can one keep apps on the old card and still have them on the new card?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you have no EXT partition (if you don't know what it is you don't have one) then sure you can just copy past all your stuff to a new card I did it not to long back. As for your paid apps I would not transfer them like that but the way that the android market is made if you buy and app next time you sign in to your Google account on an android phone you will have that app in your download section so you can redownload it if you want to as many new phones as you want.

That's brilliant how Google set up the Android market like that.

So if you don't suggest I copy the paid apps over, I'm not sure what I would be the most concerned with moving over. Did you copy and paste things like music and pictures?

Also, what is a brand of Micro SD card I should go with? Sandisk, Lexar, Duracell..?

copy the sd card to your laptop/pc then when you get a bigger card copy all your 4gb to your new one 2 min job mate
    my other phone's a nexus too

The reason I said I wouldn't move over the paid apps to a new phone is because other than if you have root access with true app2sd or apps to EXT then there is only part of the app that is on the SD card the rest will stay on the phone so the new phone will not recognize the app so it won't run. If your moving it back to the SD card going to the same phone then there is not problem. As for what brand of SD card I personally like sony as well as sandisk but currently I'm using a patriot one because I saw pretty good reviews I don't have my own opinion cause I've only been using it for like a day the reason I bought it is because it was not expensive with good reviews (good combo)

Hey Dude. You said you're using a Patriot card. The reviews i read were kind of disconcerting, from the standpoint that many people said the speed dropped off after just using it for awhile. Now, I'm no expert, but it seemed like maybe these people had too high of expectations... you know. "Why is my card slowing down when I have 15 gigs of info on my 16 gig class 4 card? lol.

I guess my question to you is this. Which one do you have and have you noticed any unusual slowdown with it.... of course you did just put it in, like when... yesterday? lol.

I've been eyeballing the 16gb class 6 and 10 editions.

Oh and, nice to know you're back on your feat...whatever the heck those are.:rofl3:

Ya well you've got a point on the since yesterday thing but ya it seams real fast to me it's a 16GB class 10 and it seems to be running fast as it should I haven't made any test from one of those apps but from what I can see it's much faster than my 4GB class 2 card that was filled up to like 3.5GB XD.

So my answer... is stated above I guess

So IMO if your thinking of a 16GB class 10 my 48h of experienced with it say go for it XD

And ya I fixed the error but thanks for the kind words

I got the[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AM610M"][/ame] Lexar 32gb -Class 10 about 2 weeks ago and loving it. Super fast and plenty of room. Even though the phone might not take full advantage of the class 10 aspect, comes in handy when you pull it out and swap 15 gb of music on to one's computer through USB reader. SWEET!

Thanks DR21. I've seen that baby for less than $35 on newegg or tigerdirect and still haven't had the funds to pull the trigger, so I keep deleting stuff on my 8gb class 4 Kingston.

Sandisk 16gb class 6 = Perfect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links