Can't go beyond splash screen

This is a discussion on Can't go beyond splash screen within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all, I need help! I have recently upgraded my nexus one to gingerbread 2.3.3. OTA Have never messed around with any other stuff on ...

Thread: Can't go beyond splash screen

Can't go beyond splash screen

Hi all,

I need help!

I have recently upgraded my nexus one to gingerbread 2.3.3. OTA

Have never messed around with any other stuff on the phone except download apps from the market. no rooting or anything.

Today, while trying out some ADW themes my phone just restarted and now it won't go beyond the splash screen.

I once managed to reach my Home screen with the slider for unlock but that was the last I saw of that screen.

One strange thing is, when I take off battery and restart, and after the splash screen continues it's dance on my screen, I hear the familiar SMS ringtone after a few seconds into the splash screen. This tome played whenever I used to start my phone earlier as this indicated the last SMS I received and then I could see the phone home screen.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like the theme may have messed things up. Try and see if you can boot into safe mode. To do this, pull the battery, then r-insert the battery and power on, as soon as you see the static x you want to press and hold the track button for about 10 seconds...

Give it a few tries, because it can be tricky...

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to wipe...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thanks dude for your reply.

I was strangely able to accept calls during the time the above was happening

Only the display was frozen after that. It surely was the themes that screwed it.

What I eventually did was that I went to the boot screen and chose option "clear storage". . I got a brand new phone with gingerbread with this process. Now , I am rebuilding and am so far getting almost all apps automatically coming from the market update. Most of my apps were on SD.

Still don't know what all I will lose. Will keep you all posted.

Edit : should I use ADW or any other recommended launcher? Any good theme you recommend?

Well the two most popular launchers are ADW which is what I use because it was included in my cm6.1.1 ROM and launcher pro which I can't say anything from experiunce but I here that it is pretty good. But more and more I here about ADW especially ADW EX.

As far as themes are concerned I can't help you cause I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well the two most popular launchers are ADW which is what I use because it was included in my cm6.1.1 ROM and launcher pro which I can't say anything from experiunce but I here that it is pretty good. But more and more I here about ADW especially ADW EX.

As far as themes are concerned I can't help you cause I don't know
    Thank you dude.

I going to stay away from launchers for some time.

Very happy with my new phone and appreciating android for what it is :-)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links