Update 2.4?

This is a discussion on Update 2.4? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It's cool Although would you mind sharing where you read that cause I would like to give that a quick read cause from what I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update 2.4?

It's cool

Although would you mind sharing where you read that cause I would like to give that a quick read cause from what I heard the main focus of 2.4 is to, some what, bring together gingerbread (phone OS), honeycomb (tablet OS) and google TV (TV OS) so there would only be one code and when the devs would right apps it would work on phones, tablets and TVs. The features would still be different so the OS will work on tablets and phones without it being weird for the user and the screens being to big or to small.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/andr...ives-50002549/ this is were I was reading it and I've read it in acouple other places to

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link it was a nice read the only thing is that in todays android world rumors change like every week (to not say every day :S) and this post was from the seventh of February which if I still know my months was two months ago so the rumors had time to change between then and now.

If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ya but you would think that a nexus phone would get the update before they launch it on any other phones.
    Why would you say that? Nexus S is the perfect example of that not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Ya but you would think that a nexus phone would get the update before they launch it on any other phones.
    Uh I'm not sure I understand what you mean because AFAIK the updates have always gone to the nexus S or the nexus one first. Which update went to another phone first?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Uh I'm not sure I understand what you mean because AFAIK the updates have always gone to the nexus S or the nexus one first. Which update went to another phone first?
    Oh, I get what you meant in your comment, I missed the "a". I thought you were saying the Nexus One would get it first (which clearly isn't happening).

To your point, though, the XOOM tablet got Honeycomb first, and I don't believe it's considered a Nexus phone.

Well you have a point there but the thing is that honeycomb is a tablet OS so I don't think they would send it to phones and there is no nexus tab (yet) so they kind of had no other choice.

I'm curious if there is anything else in this new update besides video chat for gtalk. It started rolling out to the NexusS yesterday (4/28). Would be suprised to see it on our phones if it only contains video chat. Here's to hoping though (c'mon keyboard fix!!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links