Update 2.4?

This is a discussion on Update 2.4? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I was reading there's an update to gb 2.4 coming out in April anyone know if there's any truth to this and when are ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update 2.4?

Update 2.4?

So I was reading there's an update to gb 2.4 coming out in April anyone know if there's any truth to this and when are we supposed to get this?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would look at Google IO in May as a possible announcement of 2.4. As with Nexus One showcasing 2.2 last year, look for Nexus S to showcase 2.4 this time around.

IF the update becomes available for the N1, you'll know... Until then, no need to speculate about rumors because you might be disapointed by the wait. Don't put the cart in front of the horses. I waited long for the GB update because of all the rumors that came in too early. Now that it's here, I'm enjoying it (no issues with it and phone is fast) and its well worth to was I was expecting from it and its enough to keep me waiting. I don't see why people are so eager to have the updates. You know, some android phones are still stuck with 2.1 or 2.2. Enjoy life and your phone as it is and be patient young padawan...

I have seen it.
    It exists
    Samsung's launching a phone with it for sure

Ya the veiwpad 4 is suppose to out this month running 2.4,I saw the article that's why I was wondering.

ya, but I think our friend asked for the nexus, not for samsungs or tablets.

Ya but you would think that a nexus phone would get the update before they launch it on any other phones. Unless this update is going to be insane as far as new functions go (sort of like froyo but more :D) and our little 1GHz processors won't be able to handle it...

The only problem with that theory is what features are left that should go into android that are not there yet?? AFAIK everything that we need is there and there is nothing in custom ROMs that is incredible that will probably go into the next build of android except maybe FM radio and we know our phones can handle that because of custom ROMs. Another point is that I have not seen anything extraordinary on google code android so unless some buddy somewhere decided to drop the nexus idea we should be getting the update before it comes out on any other phones.

From what I heard the main focus of the update to 2.4 is so single core processers can run duel core apps.buy ya we will see when it happins

Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post
    From what I heard the main focus of the update to 2.4 is so single core processers can run duel core apps.buy ya we will see when it happins

Uh... not to call you out but in general all the apps work on only one core only the apps that were coded with the NDK in c and c++ are compatible with the two cores on an android device because the tegra two processor doesn't work on both cores when there is dalvik cache and when it is in java (which most android apps are) there is dalvik cache.

But all apps that exist for the moment (and probably for a while to come) when there is only one core available.

Oh OK I see I I was just posting what I read,I know nothing lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links