Help me root

This is a discussion on Help me root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Unlocking the bootloader allows you to flash unofficial (rooted) images. You can flash a custom recovery, and then use that to root your phone very ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me root

Unlocking the bootloader allows you to flash unofficial (rooted) images. You can flash a custom recovery, and then use that to root your phone very easily...

First thing you need to do is get communication between your phone and PC.

Take a look at this thread, and complete the actions in the first post:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

Once you've done that, put your phone in the fastboot mode, connect to the pc and confirm connection with "fastboot devices". If you get a device number in the response, type "fastboot oem unlock"...

This will wipe your data and settings, so backup what you think is important (or ask questions).

ok so do i need to make a backup of the phone its self?and should i remove my sd card?

Your SD will not change.

As far as backup, you're pretty limited. Check out MyBackup in the market, and theres also a few aps that will backup APNs etc. Your email, contacts and aps should be stored in the cloud, but the data (game scores, passwords, etc) will be lost...

ok cool that stuff in not worried about,ok im gonna give it a try

ok so it says htc bootloader installed ready to use.....is that a good thing?lol

ok wicked i figured it out and have unlocked my bootloader now for the question on rooting and making recoveries so i dont screw things up to bad lol

ok so i cant download from market now and my network bar and 3G icon in my status bar are grey not green like normal,what happined?

I responded to your other thread...

Ya sorry dude my other thread got locked down too many similar threads but that's OK,so ya I tried the data delete then reboot and nothing?so what are my options?

Well, since your goal is to root, I would just install a custom ROM first, and then try to fix it later...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links