Help me root

This is a discussion on Help me root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; OK so either I'm looking in all the wrong places or something but I need help I want to root,make a back up,and start flashing ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me root

Help me root

OK so either I'm looking in all the wrong places or something but I need help I want to root,make a back up,and start flashing some roms but how?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well the first place to look would be in the development and hacking section of this forum and then chose a method of root may I suggest the rageagainstthecage method here is how to set it up http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html. Now if you are on GRI40 then you will need to passimg back to frg33.

Should make a recovery first?and how

Not sure I understand what you mean by a recovery?

Also I forgot to mention if you are looking for the simplest way of rooting then it would be superoneclick although this I find is better because you actually know exactly what you are doing to your phone.

OK so how do I got back then?passing?

Back to stock the only way is passimg yes unless you use superoneclick to root then you can unroot using that but after you root then you will have a stock rooted ROM which is what you will make a nandroid of. Because sadly on stock there is no way to make a backup.

OK so how do I do that? Cause I'm pretty sure I tried it when 2.3.3 came out and nothing happined

Ok well you will need to passimg back to frg33 so you can root but that will wipe your phone heres how

Passimg method
    1. download the file from this link [ROM] Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM - xda-developers

2. rename that file passimg.zip

3. place that file on the root of your SD card (not in any folders)

4. turn off you phone and reboot into bootloader by holding down the volume down key at the same time as power button.

5. you should wait a second for the SD card to mount then you will be prompted to flash the passimg file accept and wait for the file to flash.

6. after that you should be all good just reboot and reinstall everything.

And if ever you have any problems and your on windows then rename the file passimg because windows automatically adds the .zip so you would be naming it passimg.zip.zip which would cause issues.

Yep got all that little blue bar loaded and then nothing so went to fastboot, power down and nothing still running 2.3.3 what did I do wrong?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links