Shouldn't a password be required to enter USB Mass Storage Mode?

This is a discussion on Shouldn't a password be required to enter USB Mass Storage Mode? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; When I plug my PIN protected Nexus One running Gingerbread into a computer with a USB cable it simply asks if I'd like it to ...

Thread: Shouldn't a password be required to enter USB Mass Storage Mode?

Shouldn't a password be required to enter USB Mass Storage Mode?

When I plug my PIN protected Nexus One running Gingerbread into a computer with a USB cable it simply asks if I'd like it to enter USB Mass Storage mode, even though it was locked. If I accept I can access anything on my SD card. Shouldn't it at least ask for a password? Or is the theory that since the card is unencrypted it makes little difference?

Thanks,

Robert

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I might be wrong but I think you guessed right. I know that the http://guardianproject.info is offering apps that will encrypt your sd, sms, calls and navigation. If sd encryption is not yet offered, it will be in a near future.

There might be apps on the market to encrypt files too.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

I actually use TextSecure and I have redphone. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and install WhisperCore. The amount of personal information accessible through my phone if I were to lose it worries me.

Besides my contacts list, I don't use my phone to store sensitive infos. Even my phone's gmail account uses fake infos. I prefer store them securely on my iMac, wich I secured well and even with ghost navigation. That said, I also try not to use my CC online. (In some very rare cases and only with very well known sites so my CC transaction is insured) I've also stopped using social networks since your infos can and will (most likely) be stoled in a legal way. Call me paranoid but I leave them the least chances to get MY infos.

I even drastically reduced the number of apps/games on my phone. No need for apps that I only used once or twice in months. For that I have a comp.

Happy securing

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links