Using my N1 without screen protector

This is a discussion on Using my N1 without screen protector within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been using clarivue anti glare screen protector on my n1 over 6 months now. Everytime, I remove the protector, I don't feel like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using my N1 without screen protector

Using my N1 without screen protector

I have been using clarivue anti glare screen protector on my n1 over 6 months now.

Everytime, I remove the protector, I don't feel like putting it back on. The phone feels so awesome.

what do you all think, is it a good idea to keep it without the screen protection? I don't abuse my phone except that it goes into my jeans pocket whenever I m not using it.
    The screen is scratch free which I can see but is it advisable to use it without the protection?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I used my phone with no screen protector for a very long time before I got my first one. But for that time I kept it in the sleeve it came with...

The only thing I can think of is if you are going to put it in your jeans pockets or a coat pocket, keep it away from your keys and change... stuff like that.

I am sure that it wouldn't immediately damage the phone, but maybe over time you would see some wear and tear from rubbing up against those types of items
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Thats put very well Bourne. Thank you for your opinion mate. So, now what screen protector you use and what's your opinion about it?

And unfortunately, I lost the sleeve that came with the phone. I am not good at keeping "removable things" Safe :-(

Will try to buy a new one.

To be honest I just picked up a super cheap one from amazon : )
    http://goo.gl/r5CGg -> link

I actually like it. For me, it gives me the feeling a can be a little rougher with the screen then normal.
    Without the screen protector I was like ocd with making sure nothing was ever touching it. I'm still careful don't get me wrong, just not to the point where I'm always checking.
    I don't find that this particular screen protector takes away from the experience with the phone in anyway. I had another one which was an "anti glare" screen protector and it was crap!

As for the sleeve, I retired mine because it was starting to break down and got the innocase II from seidio http://goo.gl/HkNO1

Love it to death. Fits the phone like a champ and protects it from just about everything. Plus it's not a soft rubbery case so you dont have to worry about it loosing it's form. I'd highly recommend it. It doesn't add a lot of bulk either.
    Oh and you don't take it on and off so no worries about it going missing : )

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

I been using this http://www.case-mate.com/Google-Nexu...Gelli-Case.asp for about almost a year now.

Works well, though nothing beats the naked avatar of the N1

I plan to use only the case mate without the screen protector for now.

N1 have heavy duty anti scratch screen. No screen protector for me, only sillicon sleeve

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    N1 have heavy duty anti scratch screen. No screen protector for me, only sillicon sleeve

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak
    Great. I am going to use it without screen protector henceforth. What's the use of protection that kills the fun :P !!!
    The N1 display rocks...i m just loving the bare screen. This is how you should keep it for your moneys worth!

And besides we do have a gorilla glass screen so if you want to keep it in your pocket go ahead it is not supposed to get damaged that much I'm probably not one to talk because I have a screen protector on mine although for the first 6 months I didn't but I do have 2 very small barely noticeable scratches on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    And besides we do have a gorilla glass screen so if you want to keep it in your pocket go ahead it is not supposed to get damaged that much I'm probably not one to talk because I have a screen protector on mine although for the first 6 months I didn't but I do have 2 very small barely noticeable scratches on the screen.
    Yeah...I have good experience so far with the gorilla glass. It is scratch resistant and feels so very awesome every time I feel it while using the slideit keyboard :-)

Been missing this with the screen protector. I have fallen in love with my N1 all over again.

It actually is a good idea to remove and feel the bare screen once in a while. Surely, increases the chances of the phone staying longer with you:-)

My N1 is as naked as the day it was born! I don't like cases our screeny things, and so far I've managed to keep it I'm excellent condition (minor scuff on one corner due to my lil boy getting it)...

I have the car dock, so a case is more of a problem than a help, anyway...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links