Power Button "FAIL"

This is a discussion on Power Button "FAIL" within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well I've never used it but as far as I remember that did the trick for allot of people so if I were you I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Button "FAIL"

Well I've never used it but as far as I remember that did the trick for allot of people so if I were you I would check it out and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well I've never used it but as far as I remember that did the trick for allot of people so if I were you I would check it out and see what happens.
    Actually reading no lock , a little more , it seems interesting, it even points on that its very useful for the nexus one. It uses the menu button to turn ur screen on and off instead of the power button

Ok so I guess that means problem solved so glad you got your stuff working the way you want them.

No Lock does a good enough job, but at least once a day I have to turn it off to use the Power Button to wake it up.

It seems the stack that keeps track of application switching gets corrupted or something and being woken in the 'normal fashion' (powerbutton press and swipe of the lock) resets the stack.

But it does save on a lot of power-button presses.

I was able to pry the power button out of the phone and lift the actual button out . there is 2 small pieces of metal that need to make contact with each other then release to turn the phone on, my 2 pieces of metal were touching and not releasing, as soon as I lifted one piece off the other the phone turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I was able to pry the power button out of the phone and lift the actual button out . there is 2 small pieces of metal that need to make contact with each other then release to turn the phone on, my 2 pieces of metal were touching and not releasing, as soon as I lifted one piece off the other the phone turned on.
    You have more guts than me michael! The idea of prying off the power button scares me to death.

I saw it on utube and its very simple, the left side of the button has a small rubberband on it and the right side just has a hook, You simply lift the left side of the button and then pull to the left and the button unhooks. Underneath is a very small contacter and you can push , in my case the contact er was stuck together. Im now using anyunlock to wake my screen up but still have no way powering my phone on and off.

Youtube link would be nice, if you have it?

I just did a search for Nexus one power button and about 5,000 vids came up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I just did a search for Nexus one power button and about 5,000 vids came up
    That's why a link would be nice! I've searched and searched for a simple fix and never saw this one.

Thanks in advance bro!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links