Power Button "FAIL"

This is a discussion on Power Button "FAIL" within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well it looks like the old power button failed me. I thought I was in the clear on that one. It got wonky yesterday morning ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Button "FAIL"

Power Button "FAIL"

Well it looks like the old power button failed me. I thought I was in the clear on that one. It got wonky yesterday morning and by noon it no longer worked.

Thank God I'm rooted and on trackball wake, or my phone would be toast.

I called htc and they gave me the line, to send it in and they'll give me a quote. I've looked for solutions on line. I have no money. So I guess I'll either suffer...or well just suffer.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That sucks dude!
    However, the power button is over-rated - the only thing you can't do without it is unlock the bootloader...

Have HTC given you a cost for repair?

In order to get a quote I have to send it in. They charge $28 to look at it. Since I'm rooted, I'm not sure I want to do that. Especially since they have the 100% repair policy you either pay for all repairs they deem necessary or pay $28 to get the phone back.

I also fear turning it off because the only way to get it back on is to pull the battery with the USB plugged into the PC et al. Anyway I'm not sure I can do that because when I've pulled it before I've had to hold the power button down while placing the battery back in, in order to power the phone up. If I don't the led blinks amber and green and the phone won't power up.

Well think of it this way I sent it in not long ago for my no charging (see bricked) issue and they replaced almost everything and it only cost me 55$ so you may get lucky I would give it a shot cause my guess they won't charge you much cause it's just a button I mean there nothing there.

The Rep I talked to said $55 was the charge for the power button. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to shell even that out.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Well it looks like the old power button failed me. I thought I was in the clear on that one. It got wonky yesterday morning and by noon it no longer worked.

Thank God I'm rooted and on trackball wake, or my phone would be toast.

I called htc and they gave me the line, to send it in and they'll give me a quote. I've looked for solutions on line. I have no money. So I guess I'll either suffer...or well just suffer.
    My power button is working fine. But I was wondering how do u set the trackball on wake ? And do u think Its best to use the trackball

I personally think the trackball is better because I'm now used to just clicking the trackball as I pull the phone out of the sleeve and mostly because it will save you power button so you can keep it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    I personally think the trackball is better because I'm now used to just clicking the trackball as I pull the phone out of the sleeve and mostly because it will save you power button so you can keep it longer.
    how do I switch to trackball wake up ?

If you have a custom ROM like cyanogen mod then it will be in the settings somewhere if not then you will need to go and download an app like no lock that will enable trackball wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    If you have a custom ROM like cyanogen mod then it will be in the settings somewhere if not then you will need to go and download an app like no lock that will enable trackball wake.
    So the app no lock will work ? I looked it up in the android market and it doesnt mention anything about allowing u to trackball wake . https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links