2.3.4, build GRJ22

This is a discussion on 2.3.4, build GRJ22 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey man, can you test your GPS to see if it fixes your location quicker? Gingerbread 2.3 came with a bug on the aGPS that ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.3.4, build GRJ22

Hey man, can you test your GPS to see if it fixes your location quicker? Gingerbread 2.3 came with a bug on the aGPS that screwed the GPS on the Nexus One. Hopefully this hs been solved on this new release for the N1 and the NS

Huh cool I especially like the "But a surprise is still to come!" part cause that sounds interesting :D

Danger just out of curiosity why do you want to see a log exactly??

I'm afraid the "surprise" is a contest to win a nexus s, you have to follow the googlenexus Twitter feed to be eligible, at least that's what the tweets seem to imply.

The only time I've had an issue with the GPS was when I use the default version of Google maps. When I downgrade to 4.4, it's fine. Problem is it upgrades every time I boot my phone, so I have to reinstall it. I also have problems searching with the new version of maps, it just gets stuck and never come back. When I did have a problem with the GPS getting a lock, I quit maps and used the "gps status" app and it hooked right up.

doh!
    I just rooted my phone and now another update is coming

....was hoping googles "surprise" might have been the next nexus phone or a nexus tablet
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

If you're already rooted, boot into custom recovery and flash the update, then the su zip and recovery fix zip... Updated with root, done!

I am rooted now , but no custom recovery.
    Not entirely sure I follow you on doing update and maintaining root.
    Do you think your manual root method will continue to work in 2.3.4?
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

It's anyone's guess if the current manual root will work in 2.3.4

To get root, you basically install the su and busybox files to your phone, and give them the right permissions to allow them to run. In order to install the files, you need to break the security of one of the primary interfaces (bootloader, recovery, or the ROM itself). Gingerbreak (manual root exploit) temporarily breaks the security of the ROM (temp root), allowing you to install the files, and then gain permanent root...

When you install an update, the folder in which the files are located will be rewritten or the permissions will change. Either way the su and busybox files will be useless, and you will lose root...

Since you have root, it's very ready to install a custom recovery (removing security from the recovery interface). Once you have a custom recovery you can flash files other than ones signed directly by Google. If you want to update to the next version that is released, just install it through recovery, but you can also install su and busybox, and thus keep root...

The stock Android ROM overwrites the recovery with a stock image every time you reboot. In order to prevent this (and keep your custom recovery) you need to delete two files from the phone. To make this easier, I made a flashable zip that will do this, which I call Fix_Recovery. You would need to flash it before you reboot, because if you reboot, you will end up with a stock recovery and unable to flash anything unless it is signed by Google...

Hope this helps?

Are you using Bourne as a guinea pig, dr? LOL. I know that's not your intention, but it crossed my mind nonetheless.

Lol! xD
    Nah, just trying to explain how the rooting process works, so it's less scary. No action required on bourne's part (apart from breaking into Trentstone and killing the bad guys)...

BTW, this pretty much how you root with an unlocked bootloader. Flash a custom recovery via fastboot, and use it to flash su. The recovery fix was something I put together a while back, just to stop people from losing recovery all the time...

Thanks dr. I was just going by your opening sentence.

That's some great info there, btw. Makes me want to try it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links