2.3.4, build GRJ22

This is a discussion on 2.3.4, build GRJ22 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Need few more days at leas to be sure, but I think my battery life has improved a bit, not back to pre-froyo levels, prbly ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.3.4, build GRJ22

Need few more days at leas to be sure, but I think my battery life has improved a bit, not back to pre-froyo levels, prbly not even pre-GB levels... but somewhat better.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

With same usage, yes it feels like the battery life has improved a bit but not highly significant.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Can anyone say what all this update covers? I read the other day that google will be taking away the tether option in the future because of the carriers throwing a fit.....does this update do that?

Thank you for your response
    mutstumbo

Quote Originally Posted by mutstumbo View Post
    Can anyone say what all this update covers? I read the other day that google will be taking away the tether option in the future because of the carriers throwing a fit.....does this update do that?

mutstumbo
    That sucks! why would the carriers throw a fit about tethering? do you have link to info?...

I wonder why Google would cater to the carriers fits at the expense of consumers' fits? I'm gonna have a fit if I cant tether

*edit... you got me curious, so I logged off and reconnected while tethered - works fine... so thankfully the update didnt take it away... still interested to know more info though (if you have link to source).

Well. I just had tethering blocked by T-Mobile this morning. So yeah. They're throwing a fit. Pisses me off. I wont spend $15 on it. I can't run away from them fast enough. I think att is already running the place. Not to hijack.

mutstumbo
    I know I was still getting the phone wonk on 7.0.2.1 and am not anymore. I'm also running much more smoothly. Battery is the same for me. My touch screen locked up on me twice today though. Since my power button doesn't work I freaked, but eventually got it to turn on by pulling the battery several times while connected to USB.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Well. I just had tethering blocked by T-Mobile this morning. So yeah. They're throwing a fit. Pisses me off. I wont spend $15 on it. I can't run away from them fast enough. I think att is already running the place. Not to hijack.
    I'm T-Mobile too... I wonder if they eventually block me? I'm not under contract though, so I'll leave in a heartbeat if they do something stupid like that... however, I've been a customer for many, many years and have unlimited txt, talk, internet plan - so maybe they will leave it alone?

Sorry for off topic... this subject probably deserves its own thread ~

5 years here. Avoided it for awhile. Laid off after first and second warnings. They got me because I got throttled last month due to flashing a lot of roms and streaming Amazon cloud player. I wouldn't. Worry til you get a warning. But they're looking for you! Jerks.

mutstumbo

What they took away was the apps from the store. So if you look in the store from AT&T or Verizon phone you will not see PDANet, or any of the other tethering apps, but you can still side load them, plus the Nexus's built in feature is untouched.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Just be aware that T-Mobile and AT&T are actively pursuing people who break their rules. Rules that IMO make the term "unlimited data" an outright lie.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links