Plan is almost up. Help me choose :)

This is a discussion on Plan is almost up. Help me choose :) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello Haven't been here for a while. But when it comes to choosing phones I know you guys are my best choice. So its been ...

Thread: Plan is almost up. Help me choose :)

Plan is almost up. Help me choose :)

Hello

Haven't been here for a while. But when it comes to choosing phones I know you guys are my best choice.

So its been a nice year with the N1, we've had ups and downs and its a great phone as a whole. Though, having played with my Mum's new galaxy S, it really accentuates the cons of the N1

Having said that, I set out to look for new phones. I could get the Galaxy s like mum for AUD29/month or a Nexus S for the same money, In fact its a great deal considering the HTC legend is also 29 and other HTCs are 49/month. I like the Nexus s (and brand) more but:

• Its exclusive to Vodaphone, which in Australia has a bad reputation: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306OsChFw0A[/ame]
    • WORST PART: We have the SC-LCD version.

The S-AMOLED on the SGS was a major selling point for me, but now that NS only comes in SC-LCD, I'm having a hard time choosing. I could buy one outright, but then I'd have to sell the phone I get on my new plan, which means its quite a hassle.

Not only that, if I'm going to buy a phone online, I might as well go all out and buy a SGS2...

My plan is up in June, so i have PLENTY of time, but since the dual cores will be on expensive plans (definitely more than 49/month). Should I get the SGS, NS, something else or buy go through the trouble of buying and selling online?

What should I do? Thanks!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well if after a year you are getting tiered of your N1 I would defiantly not go for anything single core because you will be hoping for a way out before a year is up because the people around you will have something amassing and much better then what you have (a dual core lightening fast phone). So I would go with your buying online option and get something that you can live and be happy with for the next year. Well that's my advice

I'll be looking at the HTC Sensation if TMobile lets me upgrade for a discount--only 3 months into contract--but some extenuating circumstances

Not sure what that equates to on your carrier

Def want a dual core, 2 camers, Sense (Love MM's 1.7 HD desire Rom)

The G2x let me down on internal memory only 512 and seems to have some issues early on, not mention incorrect data being posyed on quad band--it did not have a WOW factor when I played with it--a tribute to the N1

Won't pay full price, so may wait for the really big boys next year after AT&T situation becomes clear
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

@Dude Random21: I've also considered dual core phones, but since I'm either going Samsung or HTC, buy outright would be expensive. Browsing around, the SGS2 is around $800+ here. Probably going to be around the same for the HTC sensation (if not more)

Considering the N1 was a total of $640 from google and had the latest great tech back then, I think they are awefully expensive. I mean, I can buy a decent laptop or tablet with that money :|

I know dual cores are the thing at the moment, but no Nexus device actually has it. I'd like to own a Nexus device with dual core though

@rugmankc: Hmmmm, I've grown attached to (S)AMOLEDs so I think I'll be going with Samsung. Meaning:

It must have (S)AMOLED, dual core, 2 cameras.

But I seriously don't like how phones are getting so huge. I think a 4 inch screen is the furthest I'm willing to go at the moment. Looking at the Desire HD is enough to scare me away from 4.3 inch screens.

Would it be a smarter choice for me to hold out a bit more to see what dual cores cost here in Aus before making decisions? Thanks for the response guys!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links