The phone I bought is rooted....what does that mean to me?

This is a discussion on The phone I bought is rooted....what does that mean to me? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dudewithaplan Could the recovery be on the SD cars dude? Not sure I understand you are asking of the recovery can be ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The phone I bought is rooted....what does that mean to me?

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Could the recovery be on the SD cars dude?
    Not sure I understand you are asking of the recovery can be on the SD card?? If so then ya anything is possible with an ext partition and a little bit of codding but I doubt anyone would do something like that I mean cyanogen didn't even want to run the ROM of the SD card when he got the thing on the G2 so I wouldn't advise putting the recovery on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Can you guys enlighten me?

1) Why do you feel the need to partition?
    2) What is the issue you have with CWM Recovery 3.0+?

I'm running CM7 nightly #70 without any special partitioning.
    1) Not sure I understand the question I didn't talk about partitioning... I don't think at least.
    2) clockwork mod 3.0 have a few issues and people have reported having problems with flashing ROMs with clockwork mod and problems with ROMs they flashed with clockwork mod 3.0 and that is when a whole bunch of people switched over to Amon-RA (including me).

And partitioning the SD card (I think that is what you are talking about) isn't necessary but it just lets you put all the apps on the SD card in a more stable way.

CWM 3+ has created major problems for many users. I couldnt create a usable backup. That was good enough reason for men!

As for partitioning. I guess I was wrong. I did it because it was what I was told to do. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    You won't be able to flash ROMs which is ok I guess if you want to stay on the ROM your on but I think it's safer to have a recovery installed encase something glitches and you have a problem you can get out of almost everything with recovery so I suggest you flash one.
    So how can I flash a recovery? Is it an easy process? Can I screw something up by doing it?

Clockworkmod is the recovery which allows you to flash a rom or a backup. First you need to either install it or amon ra.

Depends how you do it if you do it from fastboot then ya you can mess somethings up but if you do it with ROM manager I don't think you can. Go to all clockwork mod recoveries and select clockwork mod 2.5.1.4 and wait for it to flash thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Depends how you do it if you do it from fastboot then ya you can mess somethings up but if you do it with ROM manager I don't think you can. Go to all clockwork mod recoveries and select clockwork mod 2.5.1.4 and wait for it to flash thats it.
    So I just select 2.5.1.4 and that's it?

I don't need to do anything else? How long will it take and will I need to have it plugged in? What about a backup?

Ya that's it and don't worry no need to plug in it takes about 15 seconds as far as backups go you make nandroid backups with recovery so no you don't need to now.

It is strange that you don't have one. But you can't screw it up if you make a backup first.

Go to the last section at the bottom of the home screen of rom manager its titled all clockworkmod recoveries, and tap on it. It gives you all of the available clockworkmods. Pick 2.5.1.4 and install it.

Just for the record, I've backed up and restored with CWM Recovery 3.0.0.5 without issue.

Ya allot of people have no problems but some do and when it comes to flashing and backing up I would rather be safe.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links