Launcher Icon Disappeared

This is a discussion on Launcher Icon Disappeared within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Accidentally i lost/trashed the Launcher icon from the bottom dock of my phones' home screen, what i have now in it's place is an inactive ...

Thread: Launcher Icon Disappeared

Question Launcher Icon Disappeared

Accidentally i lost/trashed the Launcher icon from the bottom dock of my phones' home screen, what i have now in it's place is an inactive star icon, how can i bring back the launcher icon on home screen? and place it on the bottom dock (where it used to be originally).
    Running cyanogen 7

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok well I will presume when you say launcher you are talking about the app drawer. If so then long press on a home screen where there is still some space then tap custom shortcuts tap open/close app drawer then tap ok this will put the app drawer icon on your desktop then just long press it and drag and drop in where you see the empty star and your done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok well I will presume when you say launcher you are talking about the app drawer. If so then long press on a home screen where there is still some space then tap custom shortcuts tap open/close app drawer then tap ok this will put the app drawer icon on your desktop then just long press it and drag and drop in where you see the empty star and your done.
    Thanks Dude, the first part worked fine, now when i long press that launcher icon to drag and drop it on the dockbar the dockbar turns to the trashcan...

What launcher are you using?

If you are using ADW, go to; Settings>More>ADW Settings>UI Settings>Screen Preferences>Trash Can Position. Move the trash can to top of the screen and you can then reset your app drawer widget. This happens to me from time to time.

The beauty of any launcher is that it gives you more customizations. I highly recommend spending some time playing around with it and getting to know what all of the tweaks do!

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    If you are using ADW, go to; Settings>More>ADW Settings>UI Settings>Screen Preferences>Trash Can Position. Move the trash can to top of the screen and you can then reset your app drawer widget. This happens to me from time to time.

The beauty of any launcher is that it gives you more customizations. I highly recommend spending some time playing around with it and getting to know what all of the tweaks do!
    Thanks Guys, Shrinking the Trash Can did the trick, playing around got me in trouble in the first place, but it's a good way to learn as long as experts like you correct newbie mistakes like mine.

The random Dude is the expert, not the one with a plan. lol

Lol

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links