Google talk in Gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on Google talk in Gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just got the OTA upgrade for my nexus one. I'm pretty disapointed that the new version of google talk doesn't allow voice only calls. ...

Thread: Google talk in Gingerbread 2.3.4

Google talk in Gingerbread 2.3.4

I just got the OTA upgrade for my nexus one. I'm pretty disapointed that the new version of google talk doesn't allow voice only calls. Is it possible to enable this with rooting?
    I've never felt the need to root, but I will do it if I can enable this feature.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've had it working using the file from XDA developers [APP][ROOT] Google Talk 1.3 with Video calling, Now wifi optional! - Page 2 - xda-developers

Works OK with the back camera

I just installed this Google Talk, works like a champ! The only thing I've noticed is there's no option to switch to speakerphone when talking to somebody. Which isn't a big deal, but when you are doing a video call it's the same way... But I don't know anybody with a camera that would do a video call with me so it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    I just installed this Google Talk, works like a champ! The only thing I've noticed is there's no option to switch to speakerphone when talking to somebody. Which isn't a big deal, but when you are doing a video call it's the same way... But I don't know anybody with a camera that would do a video call with me so it's ok.
    Get somebody to activate the video and voice option on their PC. That's how I checked it out.

Thanks for the info.. now to investigate rooting!

I have just installed the latest version of this. It doesn't appear to work (I've got the latest stable release of cyanogenmod 7 on). It try to make a call and then it just goes to the IM text box.
    I'm also disapointed that you can't choose audio only. I really don't want the video calling, just the voip.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooba View Post
    I have just installed the latest version of this. It doesn't appear to work (I've got the latest stable release of cyanogenmod 7 on). It try to make a call and then it just goes to the IM text box.
    I'm also disapointed that you can't choose audio only. I really don't want the video calling, just the voip.
    Afraid of giving away your secret identity?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links