Some questions...new (to me) phone that's rooted

This is a discussion on Some questions...new (to me) phone that's rooted within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've not found any apps that I can't move to SD yet... The biggest advantage with this, is that you can move your dalvik to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some questions...new (to me) phone that's rooted

I've not found any apps that I can't move to SD yet...

The biggest advantage with this, is that you can move your dalvik to SD, which saves about 80MB over the conventional methods...

hmm that is interesting.
    This is the first I am hearing about the dalvik-cache.
    I think I understand the purpose of it.

Have you encountered any issues since moving your dalvik-cache to your SD card?

So no issues moving apps to the SD card?
    I know that it is said that certain apps shouldn't be moved to SD card like apps that have widgets, or apps that interact with the core system.
    I thought that reason for this was because the SD card is one of the last things to be loaded when android boots.

Now I am not entirely sure what the overall impact this has one the system, I would assume it would just mean that you might have to wait a little longer for your widgets to show up correctly.

Does tricking the android system into thinking its ext partition is larger then it is correct some of the issues you might experience by moving an app to the sd card that maybe under normal circumstances shouldn't be moved?
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

The only problem I've had is that the phone can be a little slow on booting.

The phone treats the ext partition as part of the internal system, so it boots as part of the internal system, which is possible why you can run widgets on the SD...

oohh...

okay that makes sense I think.
    So basically by doing that you force the system to mount the SD card earlier on in the boot sequence maybe? That does probably explain why you can then sun widgets from it.

I have read in other posts the reason why you can't typically run widgets from your SD card is because usually the Desktop is loaded before the SD card is actually mounted.
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links